Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Scarred Cervix :-(
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scarred Cervix :-(

Hello all,

Well I finally had my appointment with my new GYN and I'm really pleased with her.  However, she was the first one to tell me that my cervix is really scarred and my cervix is just about closed shut.  About 6 years ago I had a cervical cone biopsy and a hysteroscopy last year and I knew there was scarring but didn't know it was that bad.  I asked her if that hindered pregnancy and she said that if I get my period each month then it shouldn't.  But I'm still depressed because I'm afraid that my chances are much slimmer now because although I bleed monthly, how do I know my cervix is open like it should be during ovulation?  I'm already dealing with a tilted uterus and this is even worse.

Anybody else have experience with a very badly scarred cervix and still go on to get pregnant naturally?