Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Scarred Cervix :-(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Scarred Cervix :-(

Hello all,

Well I finally had my appointment with my new GYN and I'm really pleased with her.  However, she was the first one to tell me that my cervix is really scarred and my cervix is just about closed shut.  About 6 years ago I had a cervical cone biopsy and a hysteroscopy last year and I knew there was scarring but didn't know it was that bad.  I asked her if that hindered pregnancy and she said that if I get my period each month then it shouldn't.  But I'm still depressed because I'm afraid that my chances are much slimmer now because although I bleed monthly, how do I know my cervix is open like it should be during ovulation?  I'm already dealing with a tilted uterus and this is even worse.

Anybody else have experience with a very badly scarred cervix and still go on to get pregnant naturally?
  • Repeat C Section (3 replies):
    I have had 4 C sections. All transverse.. My last C Sec...[more]
  • Update (5 replies):
    As some of you know that I had a d&e in April and yester...[more]
  • c section scar (5 replies):
    I was curious, I have no cramping or anything severe but...[more]
  • Scar tissue (6 replies):
    I know this is more of a medical question but on the do...[more]
  • Laparoscopy (8 replies):
    I recently turned 35 and my RE suggested that I have a l...[more]
You sould speak to your GYN about the possibility of IUI if you find you do not conceive after a few months.  This will place the sperm right into your uterus - so you don't need to worry about the scar tissue on your cervix.

I have done one round of IUI and remember reading that women with procedures such as yours are good candidates.

Good luck!
Stacey
Yeah, that sounds like a very good option to do IUI and I may have to start looking into that.  I get so mad thinking of all this time I've been wasting already and my other doctor never made it seem like the scarring was a big deal.  She was the one who did the surgeries also so I guess that's why she never mentioned it.

Thanks a bunch responding!!!

Trish
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers