Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Semen Analysis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Semen Analysis

Hello I need help with the semen analysis results. The doctor gave us 1% chance getting pregnant. He said that we need in-vitro but it's very expensive. ( I was pregnant once 2 years ago and had miscarriage)

Volume:                     5.1 ml
Concentration             0.25 mil/ml
Motility                      18 %
Morphology                1 %

Please help !! I am trying for 3 years to get pregnant :(
I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but those results to do look good.  I would look in to supplements for your husband.  20 million is normal and your husbands is less that 1 million.  I do agree that IVF would be your best and only option unless something happens to your husbands sperm count, motility and morphology.

Had be been abstaining for several days before this?
Hi Sasha! Other than the volume, it does seem like your DH's counts are low. Did your doctor suggest having a follow-up analysis done? Sometimes guys have a random "bad" sample, possibly caused by a fever or something else that happened up to three months prior. I also believe stress can affect it. If the next sample also turns out to be low, I would suggest that he sees a urologist before deciding whether or not to move on to IVF. Maybe there is a physical reason for the low counts that can be corrected. And if not, IVF is definitely a good option...although, you're right. It is pretty costly.

Best of luck to the two of you!
Thank you all for the quick response. :)
Sasha I agree with Heather.  It could be that your DH has some sort of hormonal imbalance that could be corrected with medication.  You may want to look into finding the root of the problem before investing all that money in IVF.

GOOD LUCK!