Seroquel safety in pregnancy?
Another question...
I am taking about 120mg of Quetiapine (seroquel) each night and have been for about 8 years now for anxiety and insomnia. However, now that I'm about to undergo IVF, I am worried that it might adversely affect the embryo, the foetus/both. I take no other medications. Does anybody know if it is a significant risk to take seroquel during pregnancy? Is there any other Mums o Mums to be who took it through their pregnancy?
Thanks everyone.
Hi there,
Seroquel is category C drug by the FDA.If a woman is taking Seroquel and gets pregnant there are no sufficient studies which suggest that Seroquel causes birth defects in humans. However taking it in the last trimester can cause agitation, breathing problems, feeding problems, tremors etc .It is best to consult your doctor about your queries and if any alternative drug can be taken. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!