Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Seroquel safety in pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Seroquel safety in pregnancy?

Another question...
I am taking about 120mg of Quetiapine (seroquel) each night and have been for about 8 years now for anxiety and insomnia. However, now that I'm about to undergo IVF, I am worried that it might adversely affect the embryo, the foetus/both. I take no other medications. Does anybody know if it is a significant risk to take seroquel during pregnancy? Is there any other Mums o Mums to be who took it through their pregnancy?
Thanks everyone.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Seroquel is category C drug by the FDA.If a woman is taking Seroquel and gets pregnant there are no sufficient studies which suggest that Seroquel causes birth defects in humans. However taking it in the last trimester can cause agitation, breathing problems, feeding problems, tremors etc .It is best to consult your doctor about your queries and if any alternative drug can be taken. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!