Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Severe cramping and clumpy bleeding!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Severe cramping and clumpy bleeding!

I'm very worried. I'm about 17dpo, and have been confirmed PG with a blood test. My HCG levels are rising, but are still pretty low (88 the first test and 120 yesterday). I was having some light brown spotting, but about two hours ago I started having really severe cramps and clumpy reddish-brown bleeding. Has this happened to anyone? Am I having a MC? What should I do?!!!
Im so sorry! It sounds like you are having a very early miscarriage... However, anything is possible! They think these kinds of miscarriages happen all the time because most people unless ttc would not even know they are pregnant, but would just get a heavy period.. I would call your doctor's office and maybe ask if you can have an appointment immediately to see whats going on, I know I'd want to get in there. Or you could go to an emergency room, they can test your blood for hcg and see whats happened to it, and tell you whats probably going on. I'm so sorry again...
I would go to the ER, immediately...they will check your levels....then you can figure out what is going on.....
I would go to the ER and get checked out. Are you having any cramping? Make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy, especially with the slow rising HGC levels!
Yes,go to E.r ASAP...hope it'll be O.k but you have to go..nanis
MISERABLE cramping. It's the most pain I've ever felt in my entire life. But I did hear from my doctor, who said just to take it easy for now at home and come in to the office on Monday. Do you still think I should go to the ER?
If you are having a miscarriage there is nothing that your dr or anyone can do to save the baby because it is so early in your stage of pregnancy.  I'm sorry to let you know that.  When I miscarried, the dr. could only send me home after measuring my blood and told me to rest.  

I hope that this is not the situation for you.  Hang in there.