Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Sex after IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Sex after IUI

WE JUST HAD IUI DONE THIS AM AND WILL HAVE IT DONE AGAIN IN THE AM...CAN WE START HAVING SEX AGAIN TONIGHT, TOMORROW?  WHEN CAN WE START BACK?

THANX FOR YOUR HELP!
Sperm quality is better of your dh abstains for at least 24 hours.  So, you can back it up tomorrow night.

Good luck!!!
it's actually recommended that you do have sex the night of the 2nd IUI because it increases your chances of success.
I agree with them you should wait until after your second iui and bd that night!
good luck!!!!
I was also told that the man should be abstinent 2 to 5 days prior to an IUI or IVF.