Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Sex during first trimester

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Sex during first trimester

I am 4wksand4days pregnant and I was just wondering if it is normal to have some mild pain in my belly after sex? I know that sex during pregnancy is safe and I know to be careful about the air in the vigina (vagina) but I have never had this happen to me and this will make baby #4?  
I try to wait until after the first tri. because I have had so many m/c's and sometimes the spotting has started after sex. Hopefully it is nothing, but you never know. If it is painful you should probably hold off, or use a gentler position like side by side. Lots of sticky baby dust!!
Same for me. I had bleeding in my first trimester so we didnt have actual intercourse or I didnt have any "pelvic activity" until week 12. I would just say do what you feel is the best for your body and the baby. Your cervix (and everything else down there) is super sensitive and will continue to be. I had a pap at week 9 and it hurt so bad. Best wishes for a happy and healthy 9months!!
I wonder what the women on the maternal forum would say....  

many of them are in their first trimester. If I were you I would ask them to see if they are in the same boat as you right now and what they are doing about it.  

Let us know if you do that... I am hoping to be in the first trimester boat again soon, and having had a m/c am wondering what I will do....

Good luck  : )