Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Sex on Demand-stressful and awkward

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Sex on Demand-stressful and awkward

Does anyone else find the whole sex on demand stressful to deal with? I was just thinking about my DH aka the "Love Machine", lol. He has a very high sex drive (like most men) and wants to BD all of the time, but then when we HAVE to BD it's all awkward and scientific for us. I wish our BDing around O time could be like the BDing the rest of the month.  We have talked about this and laugh at the difference it really does make, and how we both can't get the fact that we are "scheduled" to BD out of our head. Does anyone have the secret to making BDing on demand less awkward?
Ha! We had the same problem..and it was my fault cause I would tell DH that it was time..then he would get performance anxioty! LOL..So I just stopped informing him that it was that time of the month! A while back, he got out of the shower and I gave him the sassy look and he says to yeah sure is it that time of the month? I was like no silly I just want to! thats when I realized its has become a chore! LOL..so thats when I stopped telling him..I think he secretly knows when it is by now but doesnt say anything to kill the mood!
I also keep a seperate calander with all my O info on it and keep it away from him..as for me I just try not to think about it...sometimes that works and other times it doesnt...LOL..
We finally just decided to so IUI because we just can't take the "on demand" sex anymore. We were freaking miserable! So, I talked him into IUI - that way there seems to be less stress on everyone. :)
First, I stopped telling dh he "had to perform."  Then we went to IUI in part to eliminate that aspect since it was not good for us.  Plus, regular bd obviously wasn't working so it was time to shift to other treatments.  
Good luck to you!
This sounds exactly like dh and I when we were TTC the first time!!!   It was so nice to actually get pregnant so we could have "normal" sex again!!  Emotions ran very high but it is great to know we weren't the only ones this happened to!!  Now we will be TTC #2 and I am afraid this will happen again!!  
Thank you ladies,it is good to know we aren't the only ones. I can't imagine talking my DH into IUI, I think he would prefer BDing on demand. We may have to try that though, I only have 2-3 more cycles left in me......then we are DONE!

Butterflybabies- Too funny, my DH had anxiety too and had a hard time "ending" things, lol. It's so funny what we go through when some people get KU on one night stands while partying, grrrrr!

Best wishes for BFP's ladies, SSBD!
My DH will take sex on demand to "producing" in a cup anyday. He tries to make me laugh and relax. SInce we have no kids, he'll act like he is going to brush his teeth or something and then walk in the room butt naked. LOL.
  I WAS THINKING I WAS THE ONLY ONE. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THE QUESTION.  I HATE IT!!! IT IS ALL BUSINESS!!!!!  I'M GOING THROUGH THAT RIGHT NOW.  I LIKE  butterflybabies IDEA. I THINK I'M GOING TO TRY THAT.  CAUSE DH IS ALL STRESSED OUT.  WE WHERE SUPPOSE TO  LAST NIGHT, BUT WE BOTH WERE DRAINED!!!  
Love the ideas on this topic. Definitely won't tell him.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers