Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Shooting pains after ovulation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Shooting pains after ovulation?

Hi, I'm on cycle 2 of clomid and metformin. I'm about 5dpo and I've had the shooting pains too. Plus, my nipples usually hurt after ovulation but they don't this time. Has anyone else had that happen? What does it mean?
Are the pains on one side? I have heard that pains in one ovary can mean implantation, but 5dpo might be early for implantation (I think it averages 8-10dpo although it does vary be person). Best wishes. Keep us updated.
Always have major pains (especially with Clomid).  Don't worry, doc just tells me that Ovaries are in "overdrive!"
Avatar n tn
I never had ovulation pains until after I miscarried. Both cycles I've had thus far I've had really weird shooting pain, sometimes dull, when I ovulate and I think for 4-5 days afterwards off and on. I was very uncomfortable, it kept me from working out. I learned that it doesn't have to be one side, because apparently both ovaries swell in preparation for ovulation, even though only one releases an egg. I have it on both sides. Hope that helps. If it's too bad to handle, I'd call your doctor.
Avatar n tn
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments. Just to clarify, the pains are kind of in my vaginal area and shoot upwards. Sorry if that's a bit too graphic! I've already ovulated as I've had regular scans and this pain isn't near my ovaries. It's not so painful I can't cope and it seems to have stopped now on 7dpo. I shall wait patiently for another week!