Size of follicles
Hello All,

I have a question abt follicle size. I had taken clomid 50mg, and I had one follicle, with size 17mm. Then in the second and third cycle I had 100mg, still I had only one dominant follicle and few small follicles(<10mm). On second cycle it was 24mm and third cycle it was 21mm.

And on all 3 occassion, it was left ovary that had dominant follicle.

My questions are: 1. Is this normal that dominant follicle is always on left.
2. Is it  normal to have just one follicle when on clomid. This particularly worries me because I think I have read ppl having more than 1 follicle with clomid.

I am having my day12 U/s and blood work done. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks,
Akapoor
You might be a better candidate for injectibles....you will get more follicles (which also could lead to multiples) but if this is not working then it is time to move on....It is advised that you should not do more than 3-4 cycles of clomid... (it thins the linig, etc...) you could also try Femara, ask your Dr. about this.  It is a pill like clomid but it works differently...you may get more follicles with this too.... (it tricks your body to think  you are going into menopause and then you get lots of follicles..)...these are just some options...good luck to you!!!
Gosh-I can feel your anxiety right now.  It sucks.  I think project might be right, maybe injectables are the route to go??  I am not an expert by any means but I have done one month of injectables and did have about 6 follicles.  They were however different sizes mostly dominant on my left side.  I would think the one that measured over 20 would be mature??  Again I have no clue-sorry for being no help.  Iam taking this month off and I am 100% more relaxed:) Y'all will be hearing alot from me in about 2.5 weeks when I will start back up on injectables.  akapoor-baby dust-you sound like you have a mature egg:)

Jacquie-how are you doing?  I've thought about you alot and hope you and dh are hanging in there:)  Enjoy your holidays and lets all have a great 2007.  I will have you all in my prayers:)
oh my goodness-I read back what I typed and it's jiberoush (sp) I've had 3 glasses of wine and feel great!  Don't worry project I had one for you!  Good night ladies:)

First, thanks for replying to my last post.

Regarding you present query, for me also there was just one follicle which grew on clomid 100 mg, and it was also in the left ovary. Dont know whether its a co-incidence for some women or any scientific reason behind it!

My right ovary follicle was 11 mm on 10th day and remained the same. My doc was worried initially but I think she had a happy face when she learned that the lone left ovary follicle did become 19 mm on day 16. She was saying now its like a natural cycle and it was good that hyperstimulation didnt happen.

rgds

Hello All,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I guess the doctor said that this time on day 10, i have one follicle which is 15mm and other one is 11mm. I hope it works this time. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I hope it happens with clomid itself.

What I had asked in the post was, is it natural to just have one follicle with clomid. And is it okay to have dominant follicle only on the left ovary?

Thanks,
Akapoor

From what I've been told, its a coin toss when it comes to which ovary produces the dominant follicle.  It could be a different one every month and is just coincidence that it was on your left each time.  I do agree with the others about the injections though.  Maybe Follistim injections would help you to produce more than one mature follicle.  Good luck and keep us posted!!
Thanks All. I went for my blood work and U/s today, the nurse said that there was only one follicle on the left( this wasvery confusing to me). And surprising there was one follicle on the right, which was 12mm which they didnt see on day 10. I don't know what is going on.

Please suggest.
That's great the you have one on the left!  Just remember that one is all it takes!!!
I am on my second round of clomide - 100m and I just had ny US on day 15 and my folicules are only 8.7 I am so distrought I dont know what to do! Could I have already ovulated?? Please someone say something I am such a nurvous reck!

Hannah
This is good that u grow follicle with only tabs,,but see i dont develop with tabs alone and i need atleat 4 injections for timely(13-17) deveopment,,,
I guess ur DR may go for one injectable next cycle, so as bring them big at the proper time,,as it is a talk on the quality of the egg produced with slow growth and late ovulation,,,
Good luck to u,,,,
I AM UNDERGOING THE ICSI TREATMENT, I STARTED THE GONAL F ON DAY 2 AND I MADE AN ECHO AND BLOOD TEST ON DAY 7 WHICH SHOWED TWO MATURED FOLLICULES AND OTHER SMALL FOLLICULES, SO AT THAT DAY THEY ASKED ME TO TAKE CETROTIDE; DAY 8 I MADE ANOTHER ECHO AND BLOOD TEST THE RESULT WAS THAT THE TWO MATURED FOLLICULES ARE BECOMING SOMEHOW BIGGER WITH THE REST, SO THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO STAY ON TWO DAYS WITH GONAL F AND CETROTIDE AND BY THOMORROW THEY WILL KNOW EITHER TO CONTINUE OR STOP THE CYCLE... ANY ONE PASSED IN THAT SITUATION? PLZ ADVISE I AM VERY WORRIED
hi, im marie, ihave some problems also about my follicles., i took clomid 50 mg on the 3rd day of my mesntruation, after that on the 9th day i have done trans-V U/S, still my follicle results very low 12mm the largest on my right ovary, on my left ovary it was 6mm...so my dr advised me to have injectibles, the Dr give me Fostimon injection once for two days (day 9-10) and on the day 12 again tran-V U/S still my follicle are very low, 13mm on my right ovary....i want to get pregnant, but how?? i am already pressure about how to get pregnant.

Hi everyone I'm jacqui and I did the whole Clomid thing along with metformin and the ovidrel. I only grew one 17mm folical I cant remember what ovarie it grew on though. But my doctor told me he only wanted to see one folical because otherwise i could have a multiple pregnancy. He also said 17mm was perfect size. I gave myself the ovidrel shot he told me to go home have sex for three days twice a day and I go back on the 12th for a blood test to see if I'm pregnant. Ill let u guys know how it goes. :-) everyone please keep me in your prayers

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

What happened on that cycle, I Am sailing in the same boat now. Hope you got positive response on that cycle. Please share