Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
So confused and ttc 2nd dc
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

So confused and ttc 2nd dc

HI
I started ttc my 2nd dc in August 07 however as soon as I started my AF went wacky and was absent for 3 months.
I carried out loads of pregnancy tests and they were all negative.
A blood hormone test to determine the reaon for absent af revealed that I had a underactive thyroid and a high fsh although I never knew to ask at the time how high.
My doctor thought that probably my absent af and the high fsh was down to the thyroid.

I was started on thyroxine and af returned in December  with a 33 day cycle and then a 23 day cycle.
I am now on cd 38 and no sign of af again prompting me again to carry out several pregancy tests all negative.

I have since been for another thyroid test at my doctors and tsh is now normal.
However I am still not feeling right in myself with symptoms such as racing heart, feeling tired, and headachey, also I am getting too hot on occasions with warm feeling in face as well.

My doctor doesn't think I am menopausel as a latest fsh test showed it as 7 which is okay.
I asked my doctor if that is a definate indicator that I am not and he said it is.

On explaining to him that I still don,t feel right at times with the symptoms I have described he has booked me in for a glucose blood test.

Also I am to have a scan on the ovaries due to irregular af which he says could be caused by polycystic ovaries.

I am sorry I know I am rambling and this seems rather long but I am just so fed up all that I know is that I want to be pregnant sooner rather than later as I am 37.

Also family who I have spoken to tell me that my symptoms sound like the menopause they are not aware I am ttc.
Members of my family went through menopause at between the ages of 38 and 40.

I am worried to death I won,t be able to concieve (conceive).
I know there isn't much that poeple on here can do but any support would be great.