Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Sore breasts after Period?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore breasts after Period?

I usually get sore breasts a week after ovulation ,then it stops immediately after I get my period. I realize it is the increase in progesterone that causes painful swollen breasts. Well, my period is over & I still have the painful breasts? This does not make sense to me. I am not pregnant as we are dealing with other MFI issues.

Any advice? Could it be a hormonal imbalance? I did have high prolactin in the past,

Any insight would be very much appreciated
Related Discussions
162784 tn?1227299650
My first guess is hormonal imbalance. Other things can cause sore breasts such as too much caffeine or whatever.  Or you may just have fibrocystic breasts.  I can get sore breasts just about any day of the month but usually they're sore after ovulation and sometimes well into AF.  Some cycles I may not even get sore breasts and some cycles are worse than others.  I was diagnosed with fibrocystic breasts and was told caffeine can make it worse.  

I hope this helped at least a little.

Trish
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703