Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Sperm Fluctuation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Sperm Fluctuation

I know sperm can fluctuate, but by how much?
Has anyone had MAJOR fluctuation?
My DH produced a total number of 66 million with a sperm concentration of 29 million three weeks ago. Yesterday, the day we were doing IUI, he tested less than 100 thousand with TWO specimens.
The doctor said the sperm can fluctuate and wants to test him again next week. He also referred him to a urologist.
Is this possible? I can't find any articles or posts to this big of decrease in sperm count.
Hi there,
             I have one daughter who was conceived the second month of trying but have been trying for over a year for our second child. My DH had a 2 of sa done and they both revealed a major problem with the morphology of his sperm. My point is sperm must fluctuate a fair bit as he must have been fine when we conceived our daughter.

Good luck to you xxx
My DH had 100% morphology with 41% motile based on his results 3 weeks ago. The doctor thought our chances were still good with IUI due to the volume but then he produced poorly on the day of the procedure. Now the doctor is telling us that next time, we will go straight ahead and do ICSI.

I wish you MUCH SUCCESS!!!