Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Sperm morphology

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Sperm morphology

Hello there,

I was wondering if any of you ladies had your husbands go to get a seaman analysis and they tell you the sperm count is good. The motility is good, but the Morphology is low. meaning a percentage of the sperm isn't shaped normally. Have you ever had this said to you and did you ever get pregnant afterwards? Without any IUI or IVF
My DH was told that he had a slight problem with his morphology.  We did get pg last year, but ended in m/c at 8 weeks.  We are trying to pursue the IUI route now.
So sorry to hear about your m/c. When the docs tell you about this morphology issue your just like dumb founded it's sooo crazy how everything else is perfect except for that. Do you remember what percentile they said he was? They say it's supposed to be at a 30% and my hubby is at 19%. I read from another website and other women saying thier husbands were at 14% and they still conseived. SSBD to you.
Hi!  That's exactly why we went through IVF with ICSI.  Apparently, my husband's sperm had low motility and abnormal morphology.  So, we pursued IVF with ICSI.  We finished our first cycle with 2 quality embryos and it was successful. I am now 4 weeks pregnant and am due for my ultrasound tomorrow.  

My understanding is that ICSI is used for circumstances such as mine (and possibly yours).  So, don't worry.  If he has viable sperm then you can pursue IVF with ICSI and it can very well work.  Good luck!
Jenny,
I just realized your question related to pregancy without IVF or IUI.  I'm sure there are many instances out there in which it happens.  I know for us, it wouldn't without IVF.