Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Spotting after iui

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Spotting after iui

Hi, my wife is 35 and we had our 3rd iui done on 18aug. At 13 days post iui on 31aug there was some spotting which we thought was her period. However there was no more bleeding after and we met the gyn on 1 sep. Turns out it's a positive and hormone levels were okay. My wife was instructed a complete bedrest until we meet next with the gyn on10th. A further test on 3 sep also had hormones in acceptable level.. We have a scan scheduled for 10 Sep. My question is this: is the spotting at 13 days okay to be implantation   And not the bad M. Also we feel my wifes age is against us and also my count which is low and the reason we did iui.

Hey i wont worry if its just spotting. My friend spotted for her first 3 months and is having a healthy baby right now. good luck and all the best. BTW congratulations... :)
Thank you for the wishes Durban. We have a big scan coming up this Friday. Will keep this updated.
Chances are all is perfectly fine.  A positive is good news!

By the way, your wife is not old at 35, and IUI is one of the best treatments for low sperm count for men.

Congratulations!
Thank you Sally .
It sounds great to me. I could have bee just implantation. Also my friend is now 18-19 wks along and spotted  during her first few  months on and off.  I cant wait to hear that the scan went well.
Thank you rmmoye. I will keep this updated.
We just need the encouragement now.
To all,
We saw the doctor and did the ultrasound. Everything is normal and fine. Saw the embryo sac, today being the middle of the 6th week. We have the next scan on 21-Sep and the doctor says that we should be seeeing the heart beat then.
Thanks all for replying and the nice words. I shall keep this posted.
Today is the 17th day post transfer andI have been having brown spots since this morning and a mild bleeding last night. Im also concern about the baby.  Called my doctor and said it might have been implantation bleeding.  My check up will still be the day after tom. and its killing me to wait that long for my doctor.  He just said that i should take a rest till my check up day...  Im so glad to hear your wife is okay even with the spotting. Its a relief for me.  How is she now?
Today is 17th day post frozen embryo transfer and  ive been experiencing spotting today and a mild bleeding last night. which worries me and having to know that your wife and the baby is fine is a total releif for me coz  My check up wont be till the day after tom, my doctor just told me to rest till my check up.  Please keep us posted.. Will be praying for your wife too.
Hi, I am told that spotting is normal. my sister also had spotting during hers and she has a healthy 3 yr old now. So I think and I hope it s ok.
Please note that the doc advised complete bedrest ever since she told she had some spotting. so please take complete rest and dont walk around too much and lift weights etc.
Hi fhizon, hope things went well at your checkup.
It should be fine I am certain
Hi.  I do hope that everythings fine.  My doctor asked me to wait another week to see the development.  Monday is the judgement day so please do include me in your prayers... Take care and to your wife :-)