Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Spotting during Luteal Phase?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spotting during Luteal Phase?

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can answer a few questions for me:

I am 26 and have a 2 year old son. I have had spotting during my luteal phase for as long as I can remember. However, we are trying to conceive our second child now and I'm starting to wonder if this is a problem. With my son, I had so much spotting that the doctor actually thought I miscarried. When she sent me to have my levels checked to make sure they were returning to normal, the HCG levels were actually going up, as in a normal pregnancy and when I had the ultrasound at 7 weeks, the baby was fine and they saw no bleeding in the uterus, depsite my continued spotting. I don't think my progesterone was checked and I know I was never put on any sort of supplement. I continued to have bleeding throughout my first half of the pregnancy and everything turned out fine.

Now that we are trying to get pregnant again, I have started charting my BBT and keeping track of other fertility signs. For the last 2 months, I have spotted for 6-7 days before my period. This month, I was 5 days past ovulation when it started. Also, I think my luteal phase has been shorter, though its difficult to tell how short, because of the spotting. This month, I think it was 10 days. Prior to my first pregnancy, it was 12 days. I am concerned I have somthing wrong with my luteal phase and that the spotting is preventing pregnancy from occuring. My son was conceived the second month we tried, and though I know that was lucky, I'm wondering if the spotting has something to do with why its taking longer this time. My temps are always well above coverline in my luteal phase, so I'm not sure if that is good or not.

I have bought a vitamin B complex, as I heard B6 can really help with a luteal phase, so I'm going to wait another cycle before speaking to my doctor. But does the spotting and length of my luteal phase sound concerning? I'd appreciate if anyone has any info or advice.

Thanks!