Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Started Femara and DHEA - hope this works!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi Everyone - finally had my consult with the OB yesterday after my month long hormonal profile! He concluded that I have some form of ovarian dysfunction (NOT infertility), due to my late ovulation, long cycles and lacking CM.  He also said that my hormone levels look great (meaning there isn't anything chemically going on) EXCEPT for my DHEA levels.  He said that those were a little low at 95; he'd like to see them in the 200's.  Since I am already taking Armour Thyroid for a subclinical hypothryoidism problem - it 'fits' that my DHEA might be off.  SOOOO, it seems that my problem with getting pregnant is a thryoid, adrenal gland, cortisol problem!  Hoping that these meds work!

For the Femara, he had my take 10 pills yesterday at the same time.  He said that since my Estradiol levels start off a little slow in the beginning of the month - he was hoping that this would help my cycle.  But it's a one-time deal for me, 10 pills 1x....is that the way that others take it?

Any thoughts or words of wisdom about when to take the Armour and DHEA will be appreciated. This a.m., I took them at the same time, but I don't know if I should?
bump
Hi wanting! Wow, that's great that they've found a possible reason! Hopefully, the meds will help you get pregnant soon! I'm not familiar with Armour or DHEA, but I am taking femara (on my third cycle), and it seems like most of us on femara take it days 3-7 (one or two pills a day)...similar to how you would take clomid. So I'm sure the 10 pills in one day would really kick-start things ;-) Best of luck to you!