Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Stop intercourse after rupture

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Stop intercourse after rupture

Hello dear ones,
Iam new to this website and a big hi to all,,,,,My doubt is is there good chance of getting pregnant, if one s stops intercourse after the rupture,,i had intercourse 3 days cotinuosly righe before my rupture! Some o teh doctors are supporting this and some are saying it doesnot matter! So what is good? Please tell me!
Welcome to the board!  
Rupture of what?  Your follicle? B/c they don't really rupture.. they expel the eggs.  And sperm can last for a few days in your uterus, so if you ovulated the day after you BD'd (Baby Danced) there is a good chance that your egg could get fertilised. Good luck!
The best days that result in pregnancy are the day two days b4 and the day of o. When the follicle ruptures and releases the egg, it is best to have the sperm there waiting for it. Not try to catch it after it releases. It sounds like your timing is quite good.

Here is a great link that has actual film footage of the follie rupturing and releasing the egg and then getting fertilized. It is amazing photography and will clearly explain the importance of the sperm being there BEFORE the egg is released. I hope you enjoy it. I have watched it over and over. It is a miracle for sure :)  Welcome to the forum!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/miracle/program.html
that was an amazing link!!