Strange experience at the hospital...
Ok, I was wondering if any of you ladies had experienced this before because I thought it was WIERD!!  I went to the hospital for an HSG and they had all the women (5 of us) change into hospital gowns and then wait - half naked- in the waiting room with a BUNCH of other people, including men!  It was so wierd and uncomfortable.  Now that I look back I laugh, but at the time, I was freaking out!

Oh and by the way, you guys that said HSG's don't hurt must have some amazing pain threshold, because I thought it HURT!! ( everything was fine, thankfully)
I had to have an MRI of my ovaries a couple months ago and they made me do this same thing. I was actually half naked in the waiting room with an 80 year old man talking about his war stories and fighter planes! LOL!
How embarrassing, I would complain.  That is not right.
Hey, Jen! I was wondering how it went today. Uncomfortable, huh? I did not have the embarrasing experience that you did. I waited in the radiology area waiting room, and changed into the gown when it was time for the test.

I'm glad that everything looked okay, and that you're done with the procedure.
Hi Jen, my HSG was extremly painful also, I kept reading that it would be minimal pain, etc...uhhh it was nothing like that it was PAINFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing what we go through to have a baby....
For all who complained about waiting half naked in the waiting room, please write to the director of the radiology dept at your local hospital.  They do take those complaints seriously.  

WOW! I just had my HSG done today, I hardly felt anything. I guess I am a freak! My experience was totally different. The x-ray assistant took me into a private room that had a private bathroom where I changed and then I got on the table. I feel so bad for you and your experince my DH would have freaked out!
Oh my gosh!!!  Did you go to the same hospital as me?????  This was my experience:  Five women were called back.  We all changed into a gown and wrapped a blanket around us and people (nurses and patients) were just walking by us the whole time!  There was only a small half divider with a open door thing that separated us from the people walking by.  I'm sorry the HSG hurt so bad!  I really thought  it wasn't that bad...maybe every Dr. does it different and every patient's pain threshold is different as well.  I'm glad to hear that everything turned out good though!
I was wondering if I should complain. A couple of the other women felt very strange about it too!!
I don't know, were you at Oakwood hospital in Dearborn, MI?? :)  
Maybe it's common practice in some places, but I didn't enjoy it!
Well no, we weren't at the same hospital.  I live in Birmingham, Al.  I wasn't too thrilled with the setup either.