Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Strange experience at the hospital...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange experience at the hospital...

Ok, I was wondering if any of you ladies had experienced this before because I thought it was WIERD!!  I went to the hospital for an HSG and they had all the women (5 of us) change into hospital gowns and then wait - half naked- in the waiting room with a BUNCH of other people, including men!  It was so wierd and uncomfortable.  Now that I look back I laugh, but at the time, I was freaking out!

Oh and by the way, you guys that said HSG's don't hurt must have some amazing pain threshold, because I thought it HURT!! ( everything was fine, thankfully)
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had to have an MRI of my ovaries a couple months ago and they made me do this same thing. I was actually half naked in the waiting room with an 80 year old man talking about his war stories and fighter planes! LOL!
Blank
How embarrassing, I would complain.  That is not right.
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
Hey, Jen! I was wondering how it went today. Uncomfortable, huh? I did not have the embarrasing experience that you did. I waited in the radiology area waiting room, and changed into the gown when it was time for the test.

I'm glad that everything looked okay, and that you're done with the procedure.
Blank
Hi Jen, my HSG was extremly painful also, I kept reading that it would be minimal pain, etc...uhhh it was nothing like that it was PAINFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing what we go through to have a baby....
Blank
WOW! I just had my HSG done today, I hardly felt anything. I guess I am a freak! My experience was totally different. The x-ray assistant took me into a private room that had a private bathroom where I changed and then I got on the table. I feel so bad for you and your experince my DH would have freaked out!
Blank
144100_tn?1283526167
I was wondering if I should complain. A couple of the other women felt very strange about it too!!
Blank
Oh my gosh!!!  Did you go to the same hospital as me?????  This was my experience:  Five women were called back.  We all changed into a gown and wrapped a blanket around us and people (nurses and patients) were just walking by us the whole time!  There was only a small half divider with a open door thing that separated us from the people walking by.  I'm sorry the HSG hurt so bad!  I really thought  it wasn't that bad...maybe every Dr. does it different and every patient's pain threshold is different as well.  I'm glad to hear that everything turned out good though!
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
For all who complained about waiting half naked in the waiting room, please write to the director of the radiology dept at your local hospital.  They do take those complaints seriously.  

Blank
144100_tn?1283526167
I don't know, were you at Oakwood hospital in Dearborn, MI?? :)  
Maybe it's common practice in some places, but I didn't enjoy it!
Blank
Well no, we weren't at the same hospital.  I live in Birmingham, Al.  I wasn't too thrilled with the setup either.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...