Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Suboxone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Suboxone

Is getting on Suboxone an effective way of getting off Methadone?  If so, does it have any side effects and/or withdrawal symtoms (symptoms)?
both are equally not healthy but working in a substance abuse field and running a program, people tend to find it easier to come off of suboxone.  I would strongly suggest that whatever you choose, you get yourself into a rehab program and find other ways to stop using besides taking a med that is exactly like using.  
If you have been a long time user of opiates, quiting cold turkey without the use of methadone or suboxone is frankly dangerous and can be life threatening. You will also likely relapse. The neurotransmitters in your brain may not even be able to function on their own either. Methadone or suboxone, for individuals that have serious long term addictions to opiods, may be your ONLY chance at sobriety. Though it will take time, you can at least be comfortable and you won't have to suffer withdrawal. It will be a slow process. Do you want to take more time or have a stroke trying to prove to ignorant people that you can do it without help??? Remember addiction is a disease! Why not treat it with thoroughly regulated and researched medications????  Good luck!!!
I agree I am a recovery opioid addiction I chose treatment detox and AA I have 14 month clean and sober thanks to rehab Aa and God