Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Success after varicocelectomy??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Success after varicocelectomy??

Hi there. I am 35 and my husband is 39. We have been ttc for 6 months. Went to the doc to check that everything is ok fertility wize and found that my hubby has great sperm count and great mobility but his normal sperm morphology is only 2%. Completely heart broken as having a baby is all I've ever wanted and cannot imagine going through life without such a precious gift. It turns out that hubby needs to have a varicocelectomy as the varicocele is causing the morphology problem. Am really hoping that there are some success stories out there? Please please let me know if there are. And if you have a success story, how long after varicocelectomy did you conceive and did you conceive nqturally or through IUI/IVF?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
Varicocole is one of the commonest male causes affecting fertility .If left untreated varicoceles cause progressive testicular damage over time. It is best to get it treated as early as possible. Almost 50-60 percent women may conceive within two years if female infertility factors were excluded. In case you do not get pregnant within 6-9 months after the surgery, the other treatment options like insemination and/or IVF and ICSI may need to be considered. Discuss your concerns with your attending doctor and keep me posted.
Take care and regards!
Blank
Thank you ASharmaMD for your response. Are the success rates for conception usually good after this surgery?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...