Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Success stories with Follistim & iui??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Success stories with Follistim & iui??

I'm starting Follistim Pen my next cycle, and am really excited about it!! I'm just looking for some success stories! I'm confident this will be our ticket to getting our BFP! We did clomid for 5 cycles, all bfn. I took this cycle off, and am anxious to get to my next so I can start these injections! So any success stories or advice with Follistim is greatly appreciated! Thanks girls!!
I just started Follistim with this cycle....my first injection was tonight actually.  DH and I have tried for a little over 4 years with no luck.  I was initially on Clomid for almost a year with my Gyne before seeing the RE.  I tried the Clomid/IUI last month, but never got a follie to get bigger then 13.  I talked to the RE about injectables and he agreed to let us start them now instead of waiting since I had been on Clomid prior to seeing him.  Like you, I am very excited to be moving into this next step.  I am also hopeful that the injections will be successful for us.  A friend of mine did Follistim and had twins.....so we'll have to hope for good results also :)
Wow, twins would be awesome!! Good luck to you, and congrats for moving on to injections! :) I sure hope it does the trick for both of us!! :)
I used Follistim w/ both my IVFs which i got BFP both times. The first time I had 8eggs the second 12. I know it's not the same, but hopefuly it will give you ladies some hope.
Thanks hoping4_2! :) It does give hope! :)
How many cycles did you have to do of Follistim?  I am hoping that the follies grow this month for me with the Follistim.....just keeping our fingers crossed :)

Hello! we have gotten preg twice with follistim + femara and IUI... unfortuantly miscarried both times too : (  but all the doctors told us we would have to do IVF to get preg.. so it TRUELY works!! we'll be starting up the follistim this week again! GOOD LUCK girls!
bny807- Aww... I'm sorry about your m/c's, :( but that's great you were able to get pregnant with it twice! How many times did it take you to get pregnant each time on the follistim? I hope this next round of it works for you sweetie! Af should be here on Wednesday, and then i'll start the injections on friday! Woo hoo!!! :)
Hey, we'll be cycle buddies! : )  AF will be here for me on Wednesday too! Lets both make it a cycle with two happy endings!: )   well the first time it was our third IUI (but the first one i had no eggs rupture - i have LUFS we discovered.. the second cycle i had two eggs rupture ---- but both of those were with femara only) so we got preg our first follistim cycle! : )    then the first IUI after the first miscarriage i had no eggs rupture : (   but got preg on the second one, which we had three.. then miscarried, UGH!    sooooo we'll see how it goes! GOOD LUCK , keep me updated and we'll be cycle buddies : )
Yay! I love having cycle buddies!!! That's awesome Follistim worked so well for you, and you were blessed both times! I know m/c's are so hard, and I'm so sorry you had to go through that twice. I've been there too, 1 m/c and 1 stillborn. :(  But we are both lucky enough to have even gotten pregnant, and been able to experience it, no matter how far along we were. It will happen for us again, I just know it! :) I've been feeling like af is going to show now since yesterday, just come on already!! LOL My temps dropped wayyy down yesterday, and were still down today, so I know she's trying to get here for me! I agree, let's make this cycle end with 2 happy endings!! :) Good luck to you too, cycle buddy!!!!!

~ Sarah :)