Successful pregnancy after removal of polyps
Hi everyone,

I have had 2 chemical pregnancies and 1 ectopic within a span of 1 year and 4 months. Did a HSG to see that I have a polyp in the uterus which was then removed by operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. Now my question is how many of you had gone to have successful pregnancies after your polyp being removed?
anyone?
I'm sorry to hear about your chemicals and ectopic. I'm not sure how many people who have been in your situation will see this here on the fertility forum. An alternative would be to post this on one or more of the pregnancy boards to see if you get more responses there (this is usually where people go after they get pregnant). BUT, if the polyp was successfully removed, and this was the reason for your ectopics, I would think your chances of successful pregnancy is pretty good next time. Best of luck with everything!
Thanks for your reply. I have posted this in the pregnancy forum as well, but got no reply. The doctor hasn't confirmed that the polyps were the cause for the chemicals and ectopic, but I am hoping they were. I have a 5 year old and had absolutely no problem conceiving him. So I am really puzzled as to what is going on now. Thanks for your reply.
"BUT, if the polyp was successfully removed, and this was the reason for your ectopics..."

Sorry, I meant to say "if this was the reason for your chemicals" (not "ectopics"), as I'm not sure how the polyp could be causing an ectopic...unless it was actually blocking the tube, not allowing the egg to enter the uterus. I would think the ectopic you had was just one of those things that can happen, and that hopefully will never happen again. I can, however, see how a polyp could have a possible effect on implantation, and therefore be a possible cause of the chemicals.

Glad to hear you already have a 5 year old at home, that is a good sign that your body can get pregnant and carry to term! Hope he gets to become a big brother soon!
Thanks Heather. Yes I also thought that the ectopic was something that just happened, and the chemicals must have been result of the polyps. Hopefully that is what it is. That way removal of the polyps may now help me not getting another miscarriage.
I see that you have a daughter and are now pregnant with a boy. Congratulations and wish you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy:-)