Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Swollen Fallopian Tubes/IVF??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Swollen Fallopian Tubes/IVF??

I have a lot of questions - I'm not sure where to start! I just need to talk to someone who understands - someone in a similar situation... I had a miscarriage Nov '09 at 7 weeks, followed by d&c during which my womb was perforated. Had surgery to remove 1litre of blood and appendix. A week later I had more surgery to remove my spleen. In march 2010 had a HSG test and hysteroscopy - womb and ovaries were fine but tubes were badly swollen which means there's probably scarring/adhesions. I was told to avoid pregnancy and wait 6 months for another HSG to see if there is any improvement I was told there is now a high risk of ectopic with a natural pregnancy and IVF may be the safest option. I am now waiting for an appointment for the repeat HSG and it is very difficult to get an appointment with my gynae due to waiting lists. I feel like I have lost a year of my life and I am still waiting.... I may even have to wait until Dec or 2011 to get the repeat HSG done. Meanwhile I rang the fertility clinic enquiring and they say there's an 8-12 week waiting list for the first appointment after gynae's referral. It's like everything is out of my hands and I have no control over the situation whatsoever! All I want to do is start a family with my husband and I am so afraid of both getting pregnant (in case it all goes wrong - ectopic - tubes removed etc.) as well as not being able to get pregnant. I can think of nothing else. It's a lonely place to be when everyone else is getting on with their lives, settling down, getting married, having kids no bother! There is nothing I can do but wait and life is passing by! We can't even try ourselves! Sorry for the rant but I just need to be able to talk to someone who understands...Friends and family try but they just don't get it!
i understand u hun, we all have times when we need to vent, each one of us has her own sad story and we are here to support eachother, the one thing i want you to do is never give up i hear of ppl who have no chances at all even for IVF so at least we have a last escape even if it is soo harsh but its still an option, i know we are getting older every day and every month is a torture and we all dream of the family and everyone arround us is getting pregnant so easily while we suffer, but you know what, is all part of a God's big plan we have to be patient and he will reward us for the patience and satisfaction for the test he puts us through
why dont u try to find another doctor, try in every possible way you can and one day you will forget all this suffering when you hold your baby in your arms :)
hope it will happen soon for all of us ttc
Thanks for your reply & for your understanding. The most difficult thing at the moment for me is the continuous waiting and the lack of control over my life. I don't even know yet if I can conceive naturally because we have been advised not to try for the last year - the "not knowing" and is torture. There is the huge fear as well. I hope God's plan for me involves children and I really hope everything works out for you too. God bless x
i know what you mean last month my dr also asked me to stop trying because of a bid cyst that grew back and he wanted to put me on BCP but you know what i thought what is the worst that may happen the cyst will become bigger it is big already so i didnt listen to him and i continued on femara because i realized that if i have to go for the laparoscopy again at least i didnt waste this cycle , i tried and whatever is meant to be its God's plan
i know how you feel believe me but believe me we help our eggs, tubes and uterus become sad and disappointed too and this can affect their work lets try to stay as much positive as we can
and believe me our tuen will come sooooon ;)
Hey my name is toya. I Fee like were going through something similar. I'm 25 yrs old. I decided sometime last year in september to get checked as to why I can get pregnant. I got a HSG done blood work and etc. They told me my tubes were blocked. Had to work and pay off most of the medical bills. I came back prob 6 months later and heard my results which they told me one of my tubes were swollen. I felt sad and depressed. There tellin me there gona try to fix the one tube that's swollen if not they have to remove it. I looked in some info and found out getting a HSG causes risks for a swollen fallopian tube which I feel is the doctors fault for that. But neways I'm scared because if they remove my swollen tube if they can't fix it, I feel I will def have complications wit the other, as if the other may become swollen also months if I try to get pregnant. I don't kno what to do either. Its a very complicated situation. And I need help