Synthroid and fertility
hi am 25 yrs old and me and my husband have been trying to concive now for 2 yrs but nothing.. i recently went to the doctors and he told me i had a tyroid problem. he gave me synthroid 75g and told me to come back in 4 wks to see the process. i was just wondering... will synthroid help? and if so, how long will it take me to try to concive again? thank you for your time and hope to hear from you guys soon.
I have read that people that have Celiac disease or that are gluten intolerant will have hypothyroidism.  It causes hypothyroidism and for some, if you go gluten free your hypothyroidism problems also go away.  Celiac disease can also cause infertility!!!  Which makes sense why I wasn't able to concieve.
i have hashimoto's disease (hypothyroidism) and am on synthroid. This was diagnosed in November. I still have not been able to conceive but who knows if it's from the hypothyroid issues because my #'s are fine now. What is your TSH? If it's super high and synthroid helps then it is possible that is your issue. My #'s were never really very high but i had awful symptoms.... i have also cut out all gluten from my diet because i read that it helps you feel better if you have hashi's. I tested negative for celiac's but I definitely notice if I do have gluten how awful i feel for the next few days after eating it.  good luck!