Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
TTC & Cycle Day 21 - Progesterone level is 9.4

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

So my level is down this month (was 11.4 last month) and I'm a little worried.   Dr's office says that's a normal level, (indicates I ovulated) but is a little low.  I have been having some wierd twinges around my left ovary, and I'm 9 DPO.  Could this be implation that I am feeling?  

So Ladies, please tell me what you think of this level?  I asked the dr if this level would indicate it there was pregnancy,  (OR NOT), and she says I could still be, because normal progesterone level for pregnancy in the first trimester is anywhere between 9 - 47.  

Any thoughts?  Anybody pregnant and test their progesterone levels early on?  Please share your experiences.

Thanks!!
hey, this doen't at all answer your question, infact i'm asking u a question. i went today to have my own progesterone level checked, and i'm new to all this. this is my 1st cycle on clomid, exactly what is your progesterone, and what do the #'s mean, and what is considered normal?
Progesterone level 7 days after you ovulated only CONFIRMS whether you ovulated or not...  

It should be over 10 on natural cycle and over 15 ( i think) on a medicated cycle.

Low levels of progesterone in early pregnancy can lead to miscariage.  Also, if your progesterone is low it somehow hinders the implantation process I think.

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

This website may help.
thanks so much, i've gotta go to the dr tomorrow so i will be finding out what mine will be
I am 4 weeks pregnant with a progesterone level of 11...so you may be pregnant.  It is on the very low side and have been put on progesterone inserts.  I hope they work!  My first pregnancy I had gone down to a progesterone level of 8!!!  And I still made it through that pregnancy with a healthy baby girl.
U said ur progesterone level was 11. I would like to know if it was with clomid?

I am on clomid 50 mg and my progesterone level is 12. Doctor's office said I ovulated but I feel its low.

I have missed my period and today is 33 day but no signs of pregnancy.

So I am worried if my delayed cycle is because I dint ovulate with low level of progesterone(some say 12 is low) or because of pregnancy.

Thanks.
ks
have you taken a pregnancy test?

Clomid can change your cycle time, so that can be one explanation.  With a progesterone level of 12, you definitely ovulated. It is a low number, but you can take progesterone supplements to assist in that.  One thing that my doc is doing is giving me very small doses of HCG as booster shots on the third, sixth and ninth day after ovulation!

Also, I read on here and started doing it....you can take wheat germ oil. It's supposed to help!

Good luck!
WOW, funny you should ask! I had a cd21 progesterone and u/s done to try and find out why all the mid cycle bleeding.  I just found out Sunday I'm preggo, that was 10dpo. When I went to the dr. I asked what my progesterone was last week on cd21 and she said 19. Because we wanted to make sure it wasn't a hormonal thing making me spot/bleed.  She said anything overe 10 means I ovulated. Although I didn't have it re-checked, I started supplements yesterday just because of 2 prior miscarriages. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
I am going to do the Home pregnancy test tommorrow morning.
I am ttc for more than 2.5 yrs. Hope this time it comes +ve.
After lots of -ve HPTs, it gives me more and more stress to take a HPT.
I am not sure how I am going to make up my mind if it turns out to be -ve.
God be with me.
I had my HPT done this morning and it came out positive.
Day 21 test for ovulation showed my progesterone level as 12 and I was worrying it is low bec i read online that 15 and more is a good number on medicated cycle.

But I am happy that I did ovulate with progesterone level 12.

I am just praying God that I should carry this pregnancy thr the full term.

Good luck for others.
I just lost my pregnancy.
Doctor said may be the progesterone level went down and hence it resulted in a miscarriage.
Since my day 21 progesterone level was 12, I had a doubt bec' I read that for people on medicated cycle, doctors usually expect the level to be more than 15 atleast.
So I called the doctor office so many times to see if they could provide me a progesterone supplement.
My doctor was on vacation and the nurse said 12 is a good number and they asked me to come after 10days since they dint have any other appointments.

Finally after I had the miscarriage,they asked me to come in immedietely.
Doctor said she will put me on higher dosage of clomid and progesterone supplements for the next cycle.
If she has done that as soon as she saw my 21 st day test result, I would have saved my pregnancy.

Ladies, Is this the doctors fault or my fate?

I am just sick and tired.
this is my round of clomid,today i had my 21 day test it was 9.4 the nurse said that i had not ovulated my question is could i have still ovulated with a 9.4 or could i have not ovulated yet,been feeling pain in my side since yesterday?
Anything over 5 means that you ovulated.  They usually like it to be over 15 on clomid - but if you aren't ovulating on your own, 9.4 is a good number.  I don't know why she told you that you didn't ovulate!
thanks for the info!!i have not ovulated on my for 3 years.this is my first round of clomid,i just understand why the nurse told me i had not ovulated?
my progesterone level came as 6.73 at 12dpo. my temps after ovulation were around  98.6 and 98.9. still no AF. My blood test said negative. 1-does this mean that I ovulated? 2-Could I have been pregnant but because low progesterone and didnt succeed implantation? can anyone please help.
I have been trying to conceive for almost a year. I have been on clomid for 3 months and have been doing the HCG shot. I had my Progesterone levels check on day 21 (which was yesterday) they called me today and said the levels were EXCELLENT - I was at a 31.1- Could that indicate that I am pregnant? If I was pregnant I would only be 3 weeks. I am due for my period on Sunday the 21st. I hate this waiting game - I know its worth it in the end but I want to take a PG test now...
I had my blood work done on cd 22, and just got my results. Progesterone was at 39, which is up from a level of 21 last month. This is my 3rd cycle of clomid also. I know progesterone levels can vary, but I'm curious if anyone else has had a fairly high level and increase like that and what it meant... were you pregnant? I'm only about 9 dpo, so I'm just playing that waiting game and wondering what MIGHT be happening. Any input?
I have been on Clomid for going on 9 months now.  My progesterone levels have been above 15 except two months ago and I am still not pregnant.  Is there anything else I could be doing to help it along?  I am just tires of seeing a negative sign every time I take a pregnacy test.  
Hi, especially in twin early stage pregnancy my progesterone level is 12 something. Is there any problem with that. Some one pls share your story
There is no conclusive evidence to support that a drop in progesterone would cause a pregnancy loss. I don't feel like a supplement would have made a difference. On anygiven day at any given time a woman's progesterone level can change. So if you tested in the morning than again in the afternoon of the same day you could have two totally different numbers. I had my progesterone test last friday and my number was 12.43 on clomid. My OB says that is a high number for me since they have ben averaging from below zero to 7. He says either I had a crazy strong ovulation or I am pregnant (I hope). I am opting to wait 2 weeks for a pregnancy test so that way there is no question about the answer, because we have gotten a false positive before and that was heartbreaking to say the least!  My husband and I have been TTC for almost 2 years. I'm not a doctor but I have done quite a bit of research.

Best of luck on your quest to motherhood, ill keep you in my thoughts!