Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
TTC

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

TTC

I am taking Clomid 2-6. Still not pregnant. Anyone know what is next or what other options my husband and i should possibly be looking into?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Clomid is first line therapy for treating patients with PCOD.It is an ovulation inducing drug and about 50% of women who ovulate with Clomid get pregnant with it. If a woman does not ovulate on starting dose dosage is increased to 100-150 mg. There is no fixed number of cycles of Clomid which should be done before moving on to other fertility treatments. There are several factors that are involved in the decision about moving on to other therapies.IUI or IVF are the other options. Visit your doctor for more assistance and queries. Do write to me again.
Best wishes and kind regards!
You can ask your doctor about Femara, which works similarly. Some women respond better to Femara than Clomid. You doctor should do a 21 day progesterone to indicate that you are ovulating and the progesterone levels are in the expected ranges. If your progesterone levels are low, it can lower your chances of conceiving, but it can be treated with progesterone supplements to improve your chances.
Clomid can also thicken your cervical mucous, which can make it more difficult for sperm to swim through. Check with your doctor, but you should be able to take an additional Vitamin C Supplement of 500 mg to thin out your cervical mucous. Also, your husband can take Vitamin C as well because that will thin his seminal fluid, also helping the sperm to swim better.
Good Luck!