Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
TTC after IUD removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

TTC after IUD removal

Hello Ladies, this is my first time posting a question on a public forum :)  so here goes -
   I had my iud put in 9/28/09 and had it removed 9/27/10 for the reason that it was coming out of place, and my husband and i were planning on TTC soon anyways.
   During the time that i had the iud in place, I rarely had AF for more that a day or 2, and they were never on a regular schedule. When i had it removed on 9/27/10, i spotted the first day and had a heavy flow continuously for about 4 days. I am hoping that i can actually consider this AF and not just bleeding from disruption of my lady parts?
  I also am wondering about ovulation; i started an online calender of my cycle and i am unsure if my dates are correct. they would be if the AF i had immediately after the iud removal was actually my AF (i hope so, cuz that would mean i'm ovulating!!!) please let me know if anyone has any input!!! thanks!
  • IUD (1 replies):
    I just recently had my IUD removed on a Wednesday aftern...[more]
  • IUD (3 replies):
    can a iud make you infertile? and how long after you get...[more]
  • iud (2 replies):
    i had my iud for almost two years i got it removed in t...[more]
  • am I pregnant
    I had my iud removed on Jan 29th 08, I started bleeding ...[more]
  • After IUD REMOVAL (2 replies):
    I had my IUD for about 13 months. I had it removed on 11...[more]
hi there, im part of a forum on here thats called..   how long did it take to conceive after mirena IUD removal.... . alot of women have just had removal bleeding and then wait till there next period to start to track ovulation. if yout trying give it a shot you never know what could happen . everyone is different. i have been trying for 10 months after iud removal last year. but others have got pregnant after a couple of months.
hey thanks for your input :) hopefully something happens soon for the both of us lol. i think my problem is that i'm so impatient :/