Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
TTC after IUD removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

TTC after IUD removal

Hello Ladies, this is my first time posting a question on a public forum :)  so here goes -
   I had my iud put in 9/28/09 and had it removed 9/27/10 for the reason that it was coming out of place, and my husband and i were planning on TTC soon anyways.
   During the time that i had the iud in place, I rarely had AF for more that a day or 2, and they were never on a regular schedule. When i had it removed on 9/27/10, i spotted the first day and had a heavy flow continuously for about 4 days. I am hoping that i can actually consider this AF and not just bleeding from disruption of my lady parts?
  I also am wondering about ovulation; i started an online calender of my cycle and i am unsure if my dates are correct. they would be if the AF i had immediately after the iud removal was actually my AF (i hope so, cuz that would mean i'm ovulating!!!) please let me know if anyone has any input!!! thanks!
hi there, im part of a forum on here thats called..   how long did it take to conceive after mirena IUD removal.... . alot of women have just had removal bleeding and then wait till there next period to start to track ovulation. if yout trying give it a shot you never know what could happen . everyone is different. i have been trying for 10 months after iud removal last year. but others have got pregnant after a couple of months.
hey thanks for your input :) hopefully something happens soon for the both of us lol. i think my problem is that i'm so impatient :/