TTC.. irregular cycles after discontinuing birth control
I discontinued birth control 3 months ago because I am trying to conceive. The first month after being off the pill, I had a regular 28 day cycle. The next month, my cycle went to 35 days.. the month after, it was 33 days. That was two weeks ago now I should be ovulating this wednesday or thursday but i took an ovulation test and it was negative today. I've had some very light, brown discharge the past few days and yesterday I had some bright red spotting. Any idea if this is normal for coming off the pill, or when it will regulate??? I am trying to get pregnant as quickly as possible. Last month I calculated when I would ovulate, took an ovulation test, and it was positive. Now i don't know why i am not ovulating this month.
HI,
If birth control pills have been taken for a long time then there can be problems with ovulation and menstruation after stopping the pills. But it is already three months and you are not ovulating. Hence you should consult a gynaecologist for further assistance.
Hope this helps.
Actually I ovulated right on time last month. I did an ovulation test yesterday and it was positive so I am ovulating today. The spotting stopped so I think it was just ovulation spotting.