Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
TTC with Hypothyroidism
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TTC with Hypothyroidism

I got my mirena out Dec 30th 2012 and havemt conceived our second child yet. I was diagnosdiagnosed with hypothyroidism july 12th 2013 amd put on synthroid...I'm on my 3 period since the mirena and still no luck at conceiving. I go back on Aug 14th for bloodwork to check my levels and the 28th to discuss them..I was wondering how long it usually takes to conceive with my issues. I had a miscarriage before I had my daughter who will be 2 nov 15 this year. I was told that they won't do anything to test my fertility and everything till a year after the removal of the mirena because it had implanted they have to wait a year to run the tests according to Tricare...any input or advice would be appreciated. Thanks :)
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Once you get your thyroid levels back on track then conceiving may be easier. Thyroid problems can sometimes cause you to not ovulate or can cause early miscarriage, it all depends on your levels and what type of thyroid issue you have.
Your doctor should be monitoring your levels monthly and will decide whether or not you need treatment to help your levels balance out.
Conceiving with a thyroid issue is possible, it just requires work with your doctor to ensure your getting the treatment you need.
Try not to worry or stress, its hard, but that can affect your thyroid aswell.
Normally doctors won't run fertility tests until you've been trying unsuccessfully for 12 months or you've had 3 or more miscarriages.
You could ask your doc for a full blood test to check everything (like vitamins, iron etc).
Blank
Thats what our current plan is...thanks :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank