TTC with Hypothyroidism
I got my mirena out Dec 30th 2012 and havemt conceived our second child yet. I was diagnosdiagnosed with hypothyroidism july 12th 2013 amd put on synthroid...I'm on my 3 period since the mirena and still no luck at conceiving. I go back on Aug 14th for bloodwork to check my levels and the 28th to discuss them..I was wondering how long it usually takes to conceive with my issues. I had a miscarriage before I had my daughter who will be 2 nov 15 this year. I was told that they won't do anything to test my fertility and everything till a year after the removal of the mirena because it had implanted they have to wait a year to run the tests according to Tricare...any input or advice would be appreciated. Thanks :)
Once you get your thyroid levels back on track then conceiving may be easier. Thyroid problems can sometimes cause you to not ovulate or can cause early miscarriage, it all depends on your levels and what type of thyroid issue you have.
Your doctor should be monitoring your levels monthly and will decide whether or not you need treatment to help your levels balance out.
Conceiving with a thyroid issue is possible, it just requires work with your doctor to ensure your getting the treatment you need.
Try not to worry or stress, its hard, but that can affect your thyroid aswell.
Normally doctors won't run fertility tests until you've been trying unsuccessfully for 12 months or you've had 3 or more miscarriages.
You could ask your doc for a full blood test to check everything (like vitamins, iron etc).
Thats what our current plan is...thanks :)