Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
TTC with pcos and what to take.....
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TTC with pcos and what to take.....

Hi - just wondering.....
i have pcos, insulin resistance and i am obese (although i have lost 40kg nearly give or take a few in fluctuation these last few months...!) but... sigh... i still am classed as obese...
i'm on my 2nd cycle on metformin 500mg x2 daily. i also take folate, chromium, zinc, tribulus, vitex, evening primrose, omega 3 dh, and a fruit/vegetable/grain tablets.
the thing is that i have a gastric lap band in me, to help with weight loss. tmi ahead sorry..... taking this many pills make me feel sick and clogged up inside and i vomit them up quite regularily.
i know i have to take metformin to get my cycle sorted (its starting to work!) and i thought i should take folate. what else do you think is absolutely necessary when trying to conceive. i figure its better to keep down what  is essential than take a whole heap and nothing stay down.
what supplements are people taking and also do you think i could increase my metformin. my ob/gyn doesnt weant to see me until dec/jan...
sorry for too much detail    :-)
thankyou
lorri xx

Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
230972_tn?1224473726
we have also been using preseed. this will be our 2nd cycle on it.
Blank
298462_tn?1259461575
hi lorri-  i also was diagnosed with pcos 2 years ago.  i'm taking metformin 2x daily also.  (dr.  wants me to do it 3x if i can, sortoff makes me feel ill.....)  the only other supplements i take are a prenatal vitamin and omega 3 fish oil.  other than that i try to get my whole grains and fruits and vegetables in every day.  let me know how you do!
jess
Blank
If you are feeling sick on Met, why not try the extended release...Met ER?  It's so much better for s/e.

Also, this community ROCKS for those with PCOS...

www.soulcysters.net
Blank
230972_tn?1224473726
love my chris - thanks !!!! im checkin out that site as we speak! ill check it out n i dare say ill probably stay around! ill ask about met er when i go back to doc also. also what is s/e? thank u! xx
lovemydaisies - im going to increase my met i think and still take folate and omega 3 too. i might enquire into a prenatal vitamin instead of taking 500.00000.000 different supplements each day. thanku. have u conceived with pcos or has the met made you ovulate yet? how many mgs of met are you on? i am on 500mg x2 daily but i think ill increase to 3x daily if i can handle it.
i got my day 21 results back today and i definately ovulated which im stoked about! it means i ovulated on my 1st month on met. we must have just mistimed our bd this month - weird considering we did it heaps ;-)
thank u all - its so nice knowing there's people out there in the same boat  as you
xx
Blank
298462_tn?1259461575
hey!  yeah i'm on met 500 mgx2.  i have conceived on met but i also needed clomid 150mg and ovidrel trigger...  that also ended in m/c....  :(
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...