Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Taking letrozole has stopped my period! Help!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Taking letrozole has stopped my period! Help!

Hi,

I am 41, trying for a second baby.  It took 2 years and a miscarriage before my daughter came along when I was 38.  I so badly would like to give her a sibling.  My husband and I have been trying for almost 1 year.  I was on Clomid for 6 months and last cycle switched to Letrozole.  Now my period is 4 days late and 2 pregnancy tests say NEGATIVE - this is killing me!  My OB has told me I will have to take progesterone to bring on my period.  Has anyone else had a late period due to Letrozole or had negative PG tests but turned out they were PG?

Thank you.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1287560_tn?1272220121
Hello, havnt had late period due to letrozole but wanted to reply to your post as I am in exactly same position as you, had Alfie at 38yrs and have been trying for sibling since, i''m 41, nearly 42 , tried clomid , gave me cysts after 4 cycles, had 4 unsuccessful ivfs(taking every bit of our savings nearly £20000) and now back to trying naturaly(alfie was natural)-cannot try letrozole as not licsensed in U.K-My best wishes to you in your goal for a sibling, we wont give up but know chances are very low, melissax
Blank
Hi there,

are you in the UK?  I am from England but live in the States now! Interesting to know that Letrozole is not licsensed in the UK!  Thanks for replying to my post.  I had a rough night last night - just so sad - I can't get my head around not having a sibling for my daughter - it just seems so unfair.  I don't know how to deal with the sadness! Still have not got my period - and still not PG  - my
daughter was natural too - so I think once I take this pill to bring on my period - I'll give up on the fertility pills - they don't seem to be working anyway - and I don't like they have stopped my period and chance of getting PG - they seem to have had the opposite effect!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's nice to be able to correspond with someone who really understands!  Good luck to you x
Blank
1287560_tn?1272220121
Yes-we live in the U.K-I have been very low after each ivf failed, just being told my eggs are too old etc etc, then clomid doesnt help-we CONCEIVED naturally 3 years ago and I didnt even know I was pregnant-i totally am now giving up fertility pills, they havnt helped infact made things worse i.e giving me ovarian cysts-
Desperatly want a sibling for Alfie, we cannot even adopt here(my husband doesnt really want this)until Alfie is 5 years old, rules and regulations in our bourough.Will keep on trying, not think about it 24/7 if I can and pray our dream comes true. Best wishes Melissax
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...