Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Taking letrozole has stopped my period! Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

I am 41, trying for a second baby.  It took 2 years and a miscarriage before my daughter came along when I was 38.  I so badly would like to give her a sibling.  My husband and I have been trying for almost 1 year.  I was on Clomid for 6 months and last cycle switched to Letrozole.  Now my period is 4 days late and 2 pregnancy tests say NEGATIVE - this is killing me!  My OB has told me I will have to take progesterone to bring on my period.  Has anyone else had a late period due to Letrozole or had negative PG tests but turned out they were PG?

Thank you.
Hello, havnt had late period due to letrozole but wanted to reply to your post as I am in exactly same position as you, had Alfie at 38yrs and have been trying for sibling since, i''m 41, nearly 42 , tried clomid , gave me cysts after 4 cycles, had 4 unsuccessful ivfs(taking every bit of our savings nearly £20000) and now back to trying naturaly(alfie was natural)-cannot try letrozole as not licsensed in U.K-My best wishes to you in your goal for a sibling, we wont give up but know chances are very low, melissax
Hi there,

are you in the UK?  I am from England but live in the States now! Interesting to know that Letrozole is not licsensed in the UK!  Thanks for replying to my post.  I had a rough night last night - just so sad - I can't get my head around not having a sibling for my daughter - it just seems so unfair.  I don't know how to deal with the sadness! Still have not got my period - and still not PG  - my
daughter was natural too - so I think once I take this pill to bring on my period - I'll give up on the fertility pills - they don't seem to be working anyway - and I don't like they have stopped my period and chance of getting PG - they seem to have had the opposite effect!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's nice to be able to correspond with someone who really understands!  Good luck to you x
Yes-we live in the U.K-I have been very low after each ivf failed, just being told my eggs are too old etc etc, then clomid doesnt help-we CONCEIVED naturally 3 years ago and I didnt even know I was pregnant-i totally am now giving up fertility pills, they havnt helped infact made things worse i.e giving me ovarian cysts-
Desperatly want a sibling for Alfie, we cannot even adopt here(my husband doesnt really want this)until Alfie is 5 years old, rules and regulations in our bourough.Will keep on trying, not think about it 24/7 if I can and pray our dream comes true. Best wishes Melissax
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers