Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Tetanus shot for DH, do we have to wait to try to conceive ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tetanus shot for DH, do we have to wait to try to conceive ?

My husband recently received a tetanus combo booster shot after cutting his hand.
Because it is a combo shot with tetanus, diphtheria and whooping cough vaccine I thought maybe we'd have to wait to try to get pregnant? I've looked all over the internet and cant find anything about it. I thought maybe the live whopping virus or toxin from the tetanus would be in his bodily fluids aka swimmers and may potentially cause birth defects. I thought maybe we should wait a month because your blood does a complete exchange every 30 days.

Any knowledge on this?

Thanks
Related Discussions
215752_tn?1278008371
I don't know if this applies to mens also, but i had the tetanus shot and another one i don't remember the name 1 month ago. The first thing that the doctor told me is that i cannot TTC for 3 months. He asked me if i was pregnant and that i shouldn't get for 3 months. The reason birth defects. It has shown that thos shots cause them. I don't know if it also for men but for the  women all the doctors say that. You should ask your doctor just for peace of mind.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank