Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
The Patch
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

The Patch

I was supposed to put 2 patches on my belly on Tuesday and forgot!  I put them on at 8:00pm last night.  Do you think that could have messed up my little embies???   I woke up last night with a claustrophobic feeling from these patches.  I don't know why.  I wanted to take them off!  I felt naussia and shortness of breathe (like a panic attack).  I finally got over it. I really don't like having these things stuck to my skin!  What are your experiences with these darn patches???
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
199922_tn?1224790306
Why do you need patches - I wouln't put anything there for now - it will overheat the area - and you not suppose to expose yourself to heat at all during that time. This feeling you had is normal - this is progesterone related and these are probably progesterone side effects. You have to relax, nothing you can do at this stage, but wait. Take it easy and get some rest - a lot of baby dust to you.
Blank
205230_tn?1237408793
My RE has me on Vivelle patches.  I wear 2 on the belly and change them every 84 hours.
I am experiencing cramping today.  What a freakin roller coaster!
Blank
I had the vivelle patches as well.  You are fine with being a day late.  They are just additional estrogen.  I did not like them either though.  They irritated my skin and made me sick to my stomach.
Blank
I think you are fine too.  I think it's to do with coming off all the hormone injections.....to help level you off.  I have been using Vivelle patches too, and what they described to me was that after all the injections, when your body starts coming off of them,  your body thinks it is in menopause.  So, from what I gathered, it helps counteract this.  It's been a while since I went thru the medication class, but I'm almost certain that this is right.  

As far as symptoms from the patches, I didn't know what symptoms came from what.  I felt like my body was on overload from all the meds!!!  lol   anyway, good luck!! :)

Blank
205230_tn?1237408793
That makes me feel a little better.  I was supposed to see the RE today for a progesterone level blood draw and FORGOT!!!!  My butt was on the couch all day relaxing and I completly forgot!  Can you believe it?   The nurse called me at 5:00pm to tell me I missed my appointment and I need to come in tomorrow morning.  Why wouldnt they call me earlier today? Oh geeze! Hopefully, I won't miss my 8/9 Beta appt.!  8-)
Blank
Sounds like you may be pg!!  Those hormones are already kicking in and making you forgetful!!  It does happen.  I have slipped up on a couple of things, and thought, where is my head?  I'm usually spot on.  Anyway, good luck tomorrow and keep us updated!  :)
Blank
205230_tn?1237408793
I hope so.....   AND yes, the hormones are kicking in. 80)
Blank
Good Luck and god Bless...

Baby Dust to us......................Keep us posted
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity