Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Thin uterine lining

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Thin uterine lining

Hi everyone,  Just found the site.  I'm 41 and trying to get pregnant.  I had a miscarriage Dec, 07 after 8 weeks.  I had a DNC and now have been trying since than.  I've had 2 cycles of Clomid and 1 round of follistim but was told after follistim that I have a thin lining around 4.5 on day 12.  I had a hysteroscopy and found some scaring in my uterus.  My RE recommends removing the scar tissue through hysteroscopy.  I'm a little confused and concerned.  I don't know why my lining is thin?  I'm not sure if having a hysteroscopy, which I had July 07 to remove a septum, is going to help thicken my lining.

Can anyone tell me if they've had a thin lining and what your medication or natural herbs/food/acupunture methods you have tried that worked?

Any help you can share would be great.

Thanks so much!
I would think an estrogen supplement would help build the lining. I've also heard that Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and vitamin B6 helps, but make sure you discuss these with your doctor before you start using them. Sometimes natural supplements can interfere with fertility medication. Best of luck to you!
Estrogen thickens your lining but it also works like birth controll pills and stops follie development.  My RE gives me a shot of estrogen the day of hcg trigger shot.  

I'm on my second round of IUIs.  The first round was when I concieved  my son, and I was told my lining was thin.  

4.5 sounds pretty thin but I am very sceptible of the whole lining thing.  I would have them monitor it for a couple of cyces before I would decide to have surgery.  

best of luck.
Thanks so much for your feedback.  I didn't know the other effects of estrogen so I'm glad you shared that with me.  I have an appointment with my RE next week to see what my options are.  I'll keep in mind tracking my lining for a couple of months before surgery.

I hope to have some thing worked out.

Best of luck to both of you too :)
Wheat Germ Oil compressed vitamins thickened my lining.  A trusted friend introduced me to the vitamin.  My friend who used Wheat Germ Oil was preggers within two months.  I said what the heck. . . . it only cost me $9.00 at the local GNC store, might as well give it a try.  And now this morning, two months later, my breast are tender.  I am scheduled to start my cycle on the 28th.  Could be early symptoms of AF but we'll see. . . .  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  
I definitely look into wheat germ oil.  Thanks so much and I will definitely keep my fingers cross for you!  I wish you all the luck!
Oh, meant to ask you, how often did you take wheat germ oil and how many?

Just wanted to add a quick note, my RE told me that there is nothing that actually proves your lining has to be a certain measurement to sustain a PG.  Mine was 4.5 today, they gave me my trigger shot and I am getting my IUI tomorrow.  the girl I work with was also told her lining was thin the month she got pregnant and she is currently about 31 weeks along.  Best of luck to everyone!