Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Thirsty a sign of pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Thirsty a sign of pregnancy?

Is being really thirsty a sign of pregnancy??  The past 2 days I have been really thirsty...I know I'm really reading into this but I was just wondering??
OHHHH!! That was one of my biggest complaints right before I got my BFP!!! I am 16wks now and I still drink water like a camel!!!

Good luck!!! When can you take a test???
That's awesome that you are 16 weeks.  How are you feeling?  Do you know the sex of the baby yet?

Wow thanks!  I was just curious....I've been sooooo thirsty.  I don't remember that the last time I was preg.  Why would that happen?  I do have some symtoms (symptoms) but I don't know I think I'm over analyzing them.  I little bit of sore bbs...not much, constipated ( I hate that), very emotional and irritable, and maybe some slight cramps?  I can test next Wednesday today is 10DPO for me so I guess I will test on Mon...haha

That was my number one sign that I was pregnant this last time.  I just craved water.  And no matter how much water I drank, it seemed like it wasn't enough.  Hopefully it's a good sign for you too!  Let us know as soon as you test!  
I'll keep you guys posted.  I never knew that could be a sign.  It feels so good to drink anything...
yeah thas was one of my sign too omg i would wake up in the middle of the nite and drink drink drink!!  i went tru  24 bottles of 20oz in like a matter of days...my husband coudnt believe it he was like are you sure you are ok??  he kind of freaked me out by saying that...but im 13 weeks 2 days today and i still drink drink drink....my husband goes to costco now to get me water! lol
Good luck.

I too was extremely thirsty! I drank more water when I first found out I was pregnant then I had the entire year before hand! I would say that is definitely a good sign! I'm 19w5d and I still drink water but not as much as when I first got pregnant. I think it has something to do with your body working overtime making the baby and you aren't used to it so you get a little dehydrated at first and need to drink water. My sister absolutely loved to crunch ice chips, until her doctor told her to stop because it was so hard on her teeth. She never listened of course! But yes, that's definitely a good sign!
Good Luck!
Patty
It was my first sign when PG with my daughter...extreme thirst!!  It was also how I knew I was PG when I miscarried in 2005.  Keep us posted and good luck!
It is a good sign. Plus, drinking a lot of water helps your ovaries and you need ovarian support to continue pregnancy.  Bottoms up:)
Both times I got my BFP I was constantly thirsty.  I even googled it and never did find it on any early pregnancy symptoms list, but both times I had it, so for me I know it is.  The first BFP wasn't viable but this was is, and the thirst thing has stayed the whole pg.  I have to have a glass of water with me all the time.  If I'm out and about, I stop at the store and get something to drink.  Before I leave my house in the morning, I take a glass of ice water with me to work. I NEVER did things like that before.  

Best of luck to you!!
I concur with the other ladies.  With a miscarriage I had this spring I didn't know what the heck my problem was. I couldn't get enough to drink!  Now I wake up every night to pee and every morning I'm thirsty!  Best of luck!
Wow, this should definately be considered a symptom if you all had it.  I guess it's a good sign.  Today is 10DPO for me and I'm starting to really want to test.  You guys are making me feel like their is a good chance.  Thanks for your replies and I will keep you all posted!!!
Not sure if anyone is still watching this discussion...but I have been googling it as well.  I am not sure yet if I am pregnant, I have experienced what I think might be implantation bleeding...but not entirely sure yet.  I started spotting when I was 9DPO.  But it is pretty much when I first wake up in the morning maybe a little bit after that, but not even enough for a pantyliner, it is only noticeable when wiped.  But this whole week I have felt like I absolutely cannot get enough water to drink.  I do generally drink a lot of water so the amount that I am talking about now is crazy!  And of course because of that, I am peeing like every ten minutes.  I have had other symptoms which could be sign of AF or PG.  My AF is due on the 29th, so I am waiting to see what happens then.  Also have breast tenderness, had bloating on the day I started spotting...a little headache the next day.  I am very confused because all of these things can be confused with PMS.  Glad to hear that extreme thirst does seem to be a symptom even though not documented.
for me it was totally a sign. i just kept downing the water and running to the loo.

best of luck and let us know how you get on - it will be interesting to see if its the case for you.
Thanks!  I am waiting until tomorrow to try my first test...I have been very anxious to take a test, but I didn't want to take it to early and get BFN.  I am hoping to get a BFP tomorrow but if I don't and AF doesn't come I happen to already have a dr. appt scheduled for Thurs and I will get them to do a blood test.

Good Luck to you as well.  Hopefully you will get your BFP soon too!  
Wow, I thought it was in my head.  I am 5w 4d and also am always thirsty no matter how much I drink.  Must be something to it if all of you had the same symptoms, probably the body's way of getting enough water to the baby.  I have had several rounds of fertility treatments before this one worked and I don't remember ever being this thirsty.  There has to be something to itl.   Good Luck!
Congratulations!!  I am still not sure if I am pregnant, I haven't taken a test yet, but I did read that pregnant women tend to be a lot more thirsty because they are having to produce more blood.  I haven't found to much information on it other than that, so I thought I would see if anyone experienced it, a friend of mine is 15 wks pregnant now and she said that she has been thirsty the entire pregnancy so far.  Do you know how long you have been feeling thirsty?  Just curious if it is just in my head since I don't know if I am pregnant yet or not...I'm not sure if pregnant women actually start feeling thirsty right away or if it takes a couple weeks. I have read some women say thirst started right away and others not until several weeks in.

I don't know if anyone is still reading this conversation. This is my first time that I possibly might be pregnant. I'm getting symptoms that some seem normal right before I get my period and some are new. The thing is It's a little early to notice me pms. My Husband even noticed some things such as my breast are getting bigger, I'm having some wierd cravings especially for Potatoes. And I'm lost my appetite for other things. Is that normal? And in the last day or two I've had to pee like crazy! I bring water or juice with me to work all the time, but I have to pee even if I don't have something to drink like for a hour or two. And sometime, when I do go to the bathroom, a small amount comes out. Then last night I've woke up a couple of times just needing to drink some water. Even though I drank like 2 cups right before I went to bed. Thats what brought me to this forum. I never read anything about being thirsty during your pregnancy in anything before so I was curious. I've also had upset stomachs and uncomfortable when i'm sleeping. Does that usually happen in the first couple of weeks of pregnancy???
to add on a little what i said above, I've also experience slight adbominal ( i hope I spelt that right.. haha) pain when going to the bathroom and constant bloating... Like i said before, earlier then normal.
There are definitely a lot of different symptoms, and they are different for everyone.  I turned out not to be pregnant, but one of my best friends is about 5 months pregnant right now, and basically right after she conceived she started having symptoms like cravings, thirst, peeing a lot, and light cramping.  I have another friend, ( I have never actually been pregnant) that did not have any symptoms for a couple months.  You never know, everyone's body responds differently, so if you think that you might be pregnant, you should wait to see if you miss your period and then take a test.  Are you and your husband trying to conceive?  If so, good luck!  Do you know when you are supposed to start your period?
oh wow i dont know if anyone is reading this still... but wow im like really dizzy, getting headaches all the time, and thirsty like none other! im also very moody and bloated feeling... my chest is a little tender but not like extreme. We had intercourse on the 8th day of my cycle do you think its possible im pregnant?
Hello, my husband and I just started trying to get pregnant. I am 26 and until, like, a month ago I didn't even really feel like I wanted children right now. I feel like I woke up one day and thought "I need a baby"! My friend said that will sometimes happen, sorta like a biological clock. Sorry I am rambling, I don't really have anyone to talk to this about since I recently moved from all of my friends. I have had some signs of pregnancy (according to the internet) but I am still four days away from my period. I want this to happen so bad and I think I am already driving my husband nuts! Do I really have to wait until I miss my period or could I do a hpt tomorrow, three days away? I am really thirsty and  my boobs are fuller and heavier than normal before my period starts. Also, is there always implantation bleeding or do some poeple not have it? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

If you're three days away from your period, you could try to use a sensitive pregnancy test...like First Response Early Result. They do pick up HCG faster than most other brands. Just keep in mind that if you get a negative, it's not always accurate this early. So if that happens, try again in a few days when your period is late.

As for implantation bleeding, it's not actually that common. Most women do not have implantation bleeding.

Good luck to you!
Hi Heather, thanks for responding. I couldn't control my impatience and took the test this morning. It was negative. I am bummed but I do realize that I may have just taken the test too early. It's so hard to wait! How do women do it? I am soooo emotional and I feel like I know my "normal" pms symptoms pretty well. Am I trying too hard to read into these things? What does a person do to stay sane while waiting and waiting and waiting....Anyway, rambling again. I am glad I found this forum. Hopefully I will know something (definitly, either way) by Thanksgiving. Have a great Holiday!!
I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this or not ... last post was months ago. BUT - I had IUI 7 days ago....because I used fertility drugs, I have to wait until next Monday (7 days) before taking blood test for pg. I haven't really noticed any symptoms....except cramps and backache kind of like AF is coming (but too early for that) and for the last 2 days I have been extremely thirsty- -- the amount of water I've downed is unreal.  I've also have had creamy CM for the last 2 days. I noticed my thirst was out of the ordinary for me so decided to search.....I'm glad I found this sight - It has lifted my spirits during this 2WW! :)
Wow... I'm having that same feeling of thirst for water... so if u all are correct I'm going to test mon or Tuesday... thank you all for that detail...
A related discussion, im 15 and may be pregnant; help ? was started.
I have been soooo thirsty, so thirsty, decided to google to see if sympton and found this thread. I am 4 days before missed period. I took a hpt and came out negative. Other symptoms I have had for seems like 2 weeks are nausea, back pain, THIRSTY, headaches, craving to olives, tired. All these are not normal pms for me.  I get sore boobs with pms, so far no sore boobs. OH yeah I got brownish discharge 3 dpo. That freaked me out -- I thought I had an infection. It could be implantation bleeding, seems to early or just old AF coming out. But I have never ever had that before.. So this cycle are all new symptoms for me.. This will be my 3rd child, so excited, I'll post to let you know if THIRSTY was a positive symptom.. I'm out of water, back to the fridge
Hi BeanNumber3...I am kinda in the same boat as you.  Not sure if I am pregnant yet but have this weird thirst this time around.  I started looking it up and found this site and boy after reading everyones posts it makes me feel so much better.  I am 1 day away from getting my period.  I wanted to test early but didnt wanna jinx myself.  I am so excited I feel like I am going to burst.  I just dont want to get myself all hyped up and then be let down for the fall.  I am going to take a HPT on Friday if nothing comes by then.  Hey Bean let me know how you make out...GOOD LUCK!!
Oh my goodness- on all the pregnancy symptoms lists I found on the Internet, none of them listed thirst, but I have never been so thirsty in my entire life- ok, maybe that's an exaggeration-I don't know if I'm pregnant or not but I'm going for a test tomorrow so we'll see!
Ooohhh i AF is 4 days late! I went the walk in centre this evening and test came bk neg!
But at night im so thirsty and peeing alot more, iv not had any pms at all. The nurse said the test may be neg coz it was early evening and my HcG levels could be watereddown, also researched and found caffine is a diuretic so can affect tests an i drank coffee all day!!!
For 2 days i felt nausious in the early after noon and like i was gonna faint if i stood for too long, but today i feel fine. Is this normal?
Im doing a test first thing in the morning and hopefully will confirm pos or neg!

Gd luck to all you trying!!!
Jlsvklmu: be careful about drinking coffee or any caffeine. Anything over 300mg (2 measuring cups of coffee) or other caffinated beverage can increase your risk of miscarriage.

Increased thrist in pregnancy is to help flush toxins through the kidneys and eliminate them so that the baby doesn't get any of the toxins. Later in pregnancy it's to help keep all of your organs healthy too.

Some people ovulate later than they think they did so it's possible to not get a positive until five weeks from last mentral cycle. Good luck! Either way drinking lots of water is healthy!
Sunworshiper_26:
ooohhh i have been craving pepsi cola and drinking like a can or 2 daily :-/
i did 3 hpt this morning and all came bk neg! Im really confused now coz if i was pg its nearly 5 week since my last menses... I feel different, headachy, thirst, tired, peeing alot, lil bit of nausia!
Guess i should wait and see if AF appears nxt month and if not go the docs!  
We stopped using all forms of BC back in January.  So far no luck.  My period has been messed up since I went off the pill so that doesn't help, but recently I have been EXTREMELY THIRSTY and needed water in the middle of the night, which usually isn't me.  Anyways I wanted to state that for anyone trying to get pregnant and has wasted money on test after test, go to amazon.com and type in HPT.  You can get 25 pregnancy test strips for $6!  It's just the strip, but I'm sick of paying $6-10 a TEST every time I think I'm pregnant.
I think www.babycreation.com might be a bit cheaper for tests.

But anywho! I'm 9 dpo now and have been extremely thirsty since 5 dpo. I am a great little water drinker normally and never without a glass. But recently I have traded my glass in for a gallon jug! I carry it around the house with me! It's insane! I have PMDD and get about 90% of the common pregnancy symptoms per cycle. But this cycle we are actively TTC and I'm getting the lesser known 10% it seems! Heartburn for a couple days only to be replaced by extreme thirst are the two most annoying followed close by not being able to sleep for more than 4-5 hours at night. I usually have to get 8-10 hours. Bizarre! At www.countdowntopregnany.com they have drymouth/ extreme thirst listed as one of the tracable symptoms and it goes into good detail on why this occurs.

Baby dust to all!
come to think of it.. i was really thirsty the week before i got my positive... but i always and only drink water.. it wasn't that much of a suprise, except for no matter how much i drank, i just could  not quench my thirst..

*~BaBY*DuST~*
I am due for my AF on the 5th and have been extremely thirsty and crave water specifically with lemon in it. I dont want to drink anything else. Sorry this is my first time on the list so I hope I dont butcher the abbreviations. So we started trying earlier this month and I am getting somewhat normal signs of pms cramps etc. but got them earlier this week so bad I had to take Midol and then it went away now my boobs are just uncomfortable and I am really bloated. Who knows! I was feeling like this last month (which I think is alot in my head) and no preggers. So..its interested to hear about the water thing. Off to fill my glass.
Hi this is the 1st month we tried and I'm already experiencing the symptoms  - really thirsty, peeing all the time, cramps, sore n big bbs, constipation and bloating [no nausea though] I'm 17 dpo today but my husband thinks we should wait a little more before we test cuz if its a BFN i'll cry and bug him no end. I'm 3 days late now and I'm hope I've not just over analysed all the symptoms and delayed my AF due to the stress!!
did you find out if you wer pregnant? I am having the same symptom as you!!!
Hi - Im 11 DPO and sooooooooo thirsty! Getting a cramp/pulling sensation and just want to eat olives!

Would love to know if anyone had a positive after there symptoms of thirst etc! Ive got a feeling i am but to early to test xxxx
I have been SUPER thirsty this past week!!!!! I am a week late for my period but tested neg twice last week.....ughhhhh...I am trying again in the morning. wish me luck!!!
I am extremely thirsty and have been for like 2 days now. I even woke up at 5am the smorning and waas craving cheesecake luckily we had some. I dont know if im pregnant though i have tooken 2 pregnancy tests and both have been negative but im not supposed to start my period for another 3days so i dont know if its just because im getting ready to start or what..i also am having bleeding just spotting though not a period and i feel really bloated. I dont know what to think of it all i have been trying to conceive for a couple months now...maybe this is the real deal...hopefully!!
Same here....uber thirsty,food is AMAZING to me all the sudden,pee alot,sore boobs,cramping and some "pinching" ? in my abdomin (abdomen),moody,sleepy,hungry,thirsty,peeing all over again,it's a viscous  cycle lol .  Have taken 3 tests that are supposed to tell you up to 5 days early (before AF) but so far all are negative....seriously "feel" pregnant,and hoping I am ,cause hubby just got a v-sectomy! 6 wks. ago and jokingly I said "watch,I'll end up preggers because now", and now I might be and hope so! (we have 5 already,I know,I'm crazy right! lol) Glad I found this site!
Yes, go to the ONE DOLLAR STORE in your area and buy a Pregnacy test.  They have been accurate each and everytime for me!
for $1.07 early pregnancy strips go to early-pregnancy-tests.com!!! the more you order the cheaper they are! the only difference is you have to pee into a cup and dip the test strip!
Here were my unknown pregnancy symptoms (I tested on day 10 and got a negative test. Day 14--positive).

Backache from hell
Tired
THIRSTY all I wanted was water
Healthy food craving (not sure why but that's all I wanted--blueberries/ strawberries)
And I hate to be TMI but with my period, I always, always get close to diarrhea. I was due for my period and no diarrhea--just major constipation
Cramps like my period was starting (later on I decided to go on progesterone suppositories to make sure it wasn't a miscarriage since they found bleeding pockets)

Good luck everyone.
Hi All, I am ttc for 3 yrs now and doing a few things differently hoping it will work. Last week I had two days of diarrhea, bloating in the belly. Now I am constantly thirsty and it seems like it never can be quenched. Everything I eat causes heart burn so I am wondering what is happening. My next period is due in 7 days and I am searching to see if these can be possible signs of pregnancy. What do you think?

bightsmileorange
Wow! i googled this THIRST A SIGN OF PREGNANCY since i've been drinking water like a dehydrated camel!!!! One of my coworkers brought it to my attention that it may be a sign of pregnancy... My husband (who is in the army) have been trying to have a baby.  I miscarried 4 years ago because i didn't know I was pregnant but ever since then, i haven't been able to get pregnant again. I've been drinking and drinking water but I'm scared to take a pregnancy test.  I'm scared it might come out negative.  I don't have any symptoms other than being extremely tired and "in the mood" (sorry for the tmi) but everyone else around me is throwing up and feeling hung over... My husband keeps telling me I am pregnant, since he's been throwing up for days along with my mom.. I still don't want to get my hopes up though... good luck to everyone!!!
I know what it feels like to have partial symptoms and having hope that you are pregnant, and even if your period is missed by a day or two and you keep the momentum, then, shooks, the period arrive and the disappointment settles in. I have  a friend who was okay but her husband kept vomiting and feeling bad (she had no symptoms) just to realize after the test that she was pregnant. I promise never to do a home test again until I am days of missing my period because I do not like the disappointing feeling it brings. Sometimes I get much pregnancy signs but it just didn't happen. Keep the faith, it will happen one day, but do not stress yourself out because it can have an adverse effect of your system and prevent that which you desire so much. I have been having thirst problems since Mar 24 and it if progresses into next week then I need to check a physician (well my period is due next week anyway). Good luck to you though.
Hi Guys
WOW, googled thirst in early pregnancy & this site came top of the list.

I'm now 11 days late for my period & had a tiny bit of brown discharge this morning when i went to the loo. Had a pantyliner on since and nothing. We tested when i was 3 days late & negative, then again on day 7 & negative. I've all the symptoms that would make me think i'm coming on, but teamed with everything my partner has pointed out... boobs bigger, "round" tummy (thanks babe haha), constant dull headache & tiredness & the thirst... makes me think that maybe i'am...????

Guys, how long after what i think was implantation bleeding (today) should i wait before testing again? - my periods are usually fairly regular so this is pretty much driving me crazy!!

Any help would be MUCH appriciated
Lots of love xx Jess xx
i am 4 days late to PMC n from 2 days drinking water like anything. Usually i dont drink more water. but from 2 days am drinking lot of water. this morning i chked for hometest it came negative. Can anyone tell me is it a sign of pregnancy or sysptom for late PMC...
So I am on day 35 of my cycle.  I took a test on day 28, which was negative.  I started having a yucky, brown discharge on day 33 which is still going on.  I don't have any pms symptoms--no cramping, moodiness, etc.  I am, however, insatiably thirsty.  I cannot get enough water!  Do the discharge and constant thirst sound like pregnancy symptoms?
wel if anyone still reads this could you help? im 22 years old and im feeling really hot all the time, like sometimes i get clammy and feeling really thirsty all the time, im on the contaceptive injection but i was looking up my symptoms online and pregnancy came about.. it may be different symptoms to pregnancy but i havent got children so i dont know the early signs of pregnancy!
Here is my story.................
I'm only 3 days late of my periods, I took a test at home on my first day late and it was Neg, Anyways I had a appoinment with the Doc for some thing else and told her so she i took a test there and it came up with a faint line. She said I'm most poperly Peg but its early stages. Anyways my bro in-law happen to be a consultent and he said come down and have a blood test. So after few hours. It came out that I am Pregnancy!!!
So if your late and your test comes out Neg don't mean your not. Also I have left past couple of days like Period cramps, feeling hot and thirsty. I think its really important to drink lots =)
I just found out I'm pregnant two days ago. The dr hasn't given me a EDD yet but I had a frozen embryo IVF transfer and I believe I'm about 5wks right now. I haven't really had any symptoms at all besides being tired and just since yesterday I have become extremely thirsty. Even after finishing a huge glass of water my mouth still feels dry! Not really worried I haven't had many symptoms as I know each woman is completely different. Just wanted to throw in my two cents!!! :)
OMG!  This is crazy! I had my first IUI a week ago. I was just looking around on here. I was just complaining to my sister yesterday that I have been dying of thirst the last few days. I actually threw a bag of chips away b/c I thought they were a new recipe and were extra salty.  I never thought it could be a symptom.   Oh well, I'm not going to read too much into it though.  AF isn't due for another week.  We'll see.
I am only a few days before my period is due and having absolutely zero patience I have already done a test which came up -ve but I suspect I took it a little too early ( I can relate to the girl above, waiting is difficult!!). I have been craving water, plus waking at 3am sharp each night. I have had cramps too, but they feel different to period cramps and I feel more bloated. I had tingling in my breasts (like the feeling I would get when my first baby needed fed). It is interesting to see that only a few woman actually get the spotting that many 'early signs' websites talk about, yet I haven't found any that mention the thirst, and few mention waking at night in the early days. Perhaps because thirst is also quite common just before your period. Anyways, Ill be patient, wait to see if my period comes and test again .... aggghhhh, the wait !
Good luck to all those who have conceived and those trying !!!! Such an exciting (and trying!) time creating a little life :)
I just found out last week that I am 6 weeks pregnant!! I did a search on thirst in early pregnancy because I have been Sooooo Thirsty!! I got worried that perhaps it has something to do with gestational diabetes :0 Reading all these posts makes me feel like I'm not alone the thirst symptom. I've been craving water and ice around the clock from before I even got my BFP! so I believe that thirst is a very big symptom of pregnancy but just to be on the safe side I will be asking my OBGYN on my first app On aug. 1st I can't wait!!! i get to have an u/s so I hope all is well....good luck to all of you ttc i'll keep you updated
hey ladies....well me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant for a lil over a year now...and it just hasnt happened for us..i didnt have a period for over a year and went to the gyno they said everything was normal. For the past 6-8 months my period has been regular, right on time every month..except this month. Also for the last 6-8 months my bbs get sore a couple days before my monthly... This month no sore bbs and no AF for about a week now i have been having some cramps in my side...i cant sleep because i stay really uncomfortable but i stay sooo tired. And now im really thirsty, the other day all i wanted was water and i drank so much i almost made myself sick. Just another unusual thing for me but my face and chest are also breaking out and i have never had that happen. I am really hoping this is it this time. Have any of u had the same symptoms?
Just to add to what i said above...i have already taken a test a couple days ago and it was a ABN ..but im sure it was too early...I have also been burning up to the point to where i feel like im sweating but its 69 degrees in the house...i freeze my boyfriend to death lol I would like to thank u ahead of time for all the advice and help :)
as far as the thirst and the break outs I completely had these symptoms! wait a week and re test using morning urine, good luck and hope you get your BFP!
Thanks alot...i sure hope so i think im gonna try again in a couple days..wish me luck gals :)
Omg I never drink water n lately I've been drinking it like crazy. So I Googled it and I read enough info from you ladies that in sure I'm prego
Omg lately IV been really thirty n I'm really not a water drinker today I drank about 7 glasses of water.  From the info above that might be my answer.  Thanks ladies I had to look that up cause I might be prego.
I hate drinking water but the past 5 days I have been really thirsty, and breaking out on my left face only (wierd).  I'm also extreamy tired going up the stairs.  I will take a pregnancy test today since i should have gotten my period today and im always 29 cycle. I will follow up tomorrow.
Can it happen as early as a week?? I been extremely thirsty the last 3 days. I hav 2 get up in the middle of the night and also been havin this horrible back pain... N once in a while headaches.
Me too! I've been unusually thirsty during my 2WW and I'm hoping it's an early sign of pregnancy. I'm 12dpo and my only other symptoms are insomnia, some dull uterine aches and a feeling of tugging below my belly button. I've been reading about the other kinds of symptoms women have in early pregnancy like nausea, bloating and sore bbs and have been watching myself like a hawk to see if I have anything like that, but so far it's mainly the thirst. AF is due to come in two days and I'll test if I miss it. Fingers crossed! Good luck to all of you waiting and hoping.
Ugh - I been really thirsty now for like a month my mama keeps saying I may have diabetes but it cud b that or pregnancy - I pray it's neither - but I do get thirsty ALOT and most of my friends keep saying I'm gaining weight but if u am preg I would be Like 5weeks - is that common???
The last few days I have been so thirsty. I just keep drinking and drinking.  I am hoping i am pregnant, since my husband I have been trying for a few months (still early, but dying to get prego). I am so thirsty, my boobs feel huge, and hurt a bit). I am WAY irritible, and everything makes me mad, and i am usually not like this. I am due for my period in 4 days so i should wait to see if i dont get my period i guess..but i am soo anxious... i havent had sickness yet..but very moody...
where you prego?
were u prego?
were you prego?
i to been very thristy!!! its been like 2 weeks get up THIRSTY like if i have drank the night before but lately i  havent been drinking at all!!!! i took a pregnancy test but negative not sure can it be possible that its to early to detect it..... this month i had no period last 2 m0nths it was only spottting
Are you constipated too?  I am late for period but i am super constipated
I have had 4children, but now I am 10days late today,but no periods,just constipation,diareah and lots of peeing.i have no infections, so i know it's not a bladder infection.Took a pregnacy test this past friday and it said negitive, but let me back up to Sept'11. That cycle went over 10days,then in October I was 10days late(like today) but I haven't had my cycle since Oct 26,2011. i read sometimes irregular cycles ca mean you ovulate differently and all I can say is 2weekends ago my hubby and I had some "fun". Anyhow about the water.. I usually drink 1 16oz a day but the past 24hours Ihave gone through almost 3 of them. sheesh! i'm 34yrs old so I know my fertility is on the med level.
ok so i am new to this its been 2weeks since i had an encounter whit my boyfriend and now i get really thirsty and really sleepy does this mean im pregnant cause i think its to early to know im going nuts please help
Both! Not so much thirsty, just my mouth and lips feel parched all the time (i'm 6 weeks), even though i'm drinking and peeing loads! And constipated too. It's cause of the extra hormones circulating apparently- it makes your gut sluggish :-)
I know this is a little too early but i think i am prego.My hubby and I had fun 2 days before ovulation and 1 day DPO. Its been 4DPO and all i want is water, I keep drink drink it and im still thirsty... I was never a water drinker and i dont want anything but water now. Has anyone had early signs this Early?
thats what happened to me i tested one or two weeks ago n it was a no go. :( and now i  just took a test n it came out positive and im reallly really thristy  have been for the past 4 days but i didnt think anything of it. help me out please.??
I still have 7 days before my next period is supposed to come but Ive been feelin a bit odd lately.
For the last couple of days Ive been lightheaded sometimes its when am just standin, a little bit nauseated after eatin but it hasnt been so much as to where I acctually throw up. My body just feels...different I cant explain the feelin. The last two days ive ben sooooooo THIRSTY!!! its so unreal! Its waken me up at night and my throat would be completely dry I wouldnt even be able to swallow and no matter how much i drink am still thirsty. Im not sure if i could be pregnant or not and since i still have a week to find out its killing me not knowing.

hi all
i have had pincky brown discharge and been really thirsty for two days now.... i have two weeks till i am due for my period... i have been feeling very tierd, bloated and having back and cramping pain but mild... wondered what every one thinks
thank you louise :)
I'm really really thirsty, hungrier than usual, my face is breaking out pretty bad, and my nipples are tender!!!

My period is due in about a week... Wouldn't it be too early for symptoms?

But my boyfriend and I were not too careful about a week before expected ovulation. My previous period was late though, so it is possible I ovulated early... ?

Any thoughts?
Hey dont be mad Im posting on this site and sorry if I offend anyone, but I am trying to figure it out. My gf has had what felt to be a swollen cervix, then it seemed to go back to normal. Ive heard it can feel open when its indeed closed still? Also she had light red almost pink discharge on a pad about 2 weeks after we had sex. She usually craves chocolate right before her per, butt since weve had sex she has craved it 3 times. Its been a little over a month. Now shes complaining of the having to pee and very thirsty for water. Does this sound like she may be preg?
i came off pill and had unprotected sex few times i bled 2 weeks whilst on bc which is why i stopped taking ti but we have taken many chances since havent bled now for 5 weeks and unsure as to when am due on my period, i have had 4 children already and i feel pregnant have all the signs if you like bloated cramping discharge (tmi) headaches backache terrible nightmares and now this sudden thurst oh also tea makes me sick and sausages haha random or what all hpt are negative and am waiting on blood results, i rang gp lady on phone says test doesnt say weather negatoive or positive :s so is leaving a note for doc and im to ring tomorrow which i dont understand can anyone help i know seems silly me asking after having 4 but just so need to know whats going on with my body :)
I can use your help. My fiance just started having water craving in the middle of the night. She would get up every 30 minutes and drink like 8 bottle of water. She told me her period came a few days ago, but I have a feeling its not what it seems. Also Acne is possibly a early sign of pregnancy? I noticed some new pimples on her face and read an article that its one of the embarassing symptoms. I also noticed that she had cramps and a tissue paper of light pink stuff. I am a dude and I just want to know what to expect and I want to be there for her when its 99.9% true. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Yeah, I have a feeling I might be pregnant. It's crazy. All of a sudden I've been the same way, really thirsty and all! So I thought I'd do some research, and here I am ;) Aha.. I'm only 15 years old so it wouldn't be convenient (obviously) but you gotta make the best of everything! So if it turns out I am, I shall keep a positive attitude! Good luck with all that, girls! And thanks to everyone else who posted, helps us confused ladies out a lot haha. Gunna go get a drink now and go to bed. Sweet dreams everyone :)
-Bella
Hello all! I was on the pill, but I had to stop taking it because of a surgery. It was the mini-pill as the combined gave me horrid headaches. Anyway, my bf and I had intercourse on the first night after I stopped taking the pill (I thought I was still protected). Couple of days later I had my withdrawal bleed for about 2 days and then another day passed and I had a bleed that could have been an implantation bleed (very light, only couple of hours long). Is there a possibility that I might be pregnant? Its probably been 4 days since the IB (or it may not have been) and I have been really bloated, my breasts feel slightly more tender than usual and this morning I woke up really really thirsty. I`ve had at least 2 litres of water since and I am still thirsty.
I also have no clue when to test because while I was on mini-pill I was spotting a lot, but I haven`t had a proper period for a bit over a year (when I first started pill). I am really anxious to know either way as I am in my final year at university and have so many other things I should be focusing on at the moment.
Thank you for any advice you can give.
Oh my goodness, I am so glad I found this forum. I have been so thirsty the last 3 days its been driving me insane - it is getting a little better today (or im adjusting to the feeling not sure which one). Has anyone who has posted here get this symptom and turn out with a BFP? Also i think i have a cold as well (stuffy nose, cough) overall feeling crappy and emotional :(

So not sure what to think - maybe its all a cold and im overanalysing everything!

thoughts? could this month be the month?? did a test today and got a BFN :( AF due on fri 22/02 so impatient. think im becoming a serial POAS'er

Baby Dust to all, let me know if you get that elusive BFP
Hi! i found out i was 5 weeks preggo on Jan 16th 2013, I had actually caught a cold, however i didnt think it could be from the pregnancy because the weekend before i found out i was pregnant i babysat for a family member and the baby was a year old and she had a mini cold so i figured i had just gotten it from her, but it is known to be a pregnancy symptom. The day before i tested (jan 15th) i had the worse headache ever, i took tylenol but it just would NOT go away and then the next morning i tested (they say morning urnin is the best time to test) and two lines poped up before i could even lay the stick down! i took 3 more test through out the day (2 in the afternoon, one at night), one from the dollar store and 2 from first responce and they were all positive.by time i was 6 weeks i noticed  I was also very thirsty! i drank A LOT of water! i also had the metalic taste a lot of women talk about (no fun) i got it when i would eat something and it would throw my whole appetite off. I was also very sore (boobs, lower back) more so in the evenings when its time for bed, and during the day i was beyond tired! all i thought about was SLEEPING! the nausea didnt strike until my 7th week and let me tell you its no fun at all! i lost my apetite for everything, it was kind of scarybecause i felt like i was starving my baby so i would force myself to eat something. it got to the point were i had to wear a nose mask like surgoens use lol!  

*i also want to note that i didnt experience any implantaion bleeding*

so i hope this helped you out. since those were very EARLY signs of pregnancy!
Man i'm so glad i found this forum. I've never been pregnant before, but i just downed like 2 bottles of water and i'm still extremely thirsty. Going to take a text in a few days to check. Breast soreness for me is the worst, i have to guard them when i'm taking a shower, and the abdominal cramps are never ending *fingers crossed*
Hey all....

What a relief reading the above! .. big hello pregohopeful and the other 2013 gals.

I am 11 days past ET from my IVF and utterly thirsty especially in the evening.... i cant find this side effect anywhere else. I wonder why is hasnt been widely written about? Is it not that common?

I have yet to test... still in the dreaded 2WW and i am just hoping this dry mouth need to drink a vat of water isn't just a side effect from the IVF drugs....

everything else i am feeling i could put down to the dreaded AF. I hope me wanting to be a camel is something good. i cant wait to be a mum.

xxx
i have been extremely thirsty too...i have another child but this time is totally different i knew at two weeks with my son because of sickness but I am not sick and 2 weeks past my ovulation day and I cannot get enough water...could I be? And, i have been extremely tired...I have 6 days until im supposed to start my period, think its too early to take a test?
I am 18 weeks now and I get super thirsty I eat a lot of ice and drink a lot of juice and water at first i thought something was wrong with me then I found out that its just a symptom of pregnancy I still eat ice like crazy
hi!
my husband and I are TTC..we've been married for almost a year now, but its been only a month we've been living together. (i just got here in the US to join him).

I also have been extremely THIRSTY, especially in the mornings when I woke up and also during the day.

I didnt thought of this as a sign of pregnancy, ..because after within 4 days after i tested with an Ovulation kit I got from Dollar store, the result has two lines in it, meaning I will be ovulating after 24-48 hrs.
the sad part is we didnt had any "action" for 4 days after i tested, because we had visitors staying in our house...but we had contact for 8days (everyday..heee =D) before i tested with the ovulation kit, and also after 4 days, we did have an "action" again.

Was it possible that I was ovulating on the day i tested with the ovulation kit, because we had contact on that day?

I also have slight back pains, tender breasts , i felt irritable and emotional, extremely THIRSTY, headaches yesterday ,but it went away this morning..but my period is still due 10 days from now.

is it too early to say that these can be signs of pregnancy?
My husband and I are reaaalllly excited to have our first baby...=)