Thirsty a sign of pregnancy?
Is being really thirsty a sign of pregnancy??  The past 2 days I have been really thirsty...I know I'm really reading into this but I was just wondering??
I know what it feels like to have partial symptoms and having hope that you are pregnant, and even if your period is missed by a day or two and you keep the momentum, then, shooks, the period arrive and the disappointment settles in. I have  a friend who was okay but her husband kept vomiting and feeling bad (she had no symptoms) just to realize after the test that she was pregnant. I promise never to do a home test again until I am days of missing my period because I do not like the disappointing feeling it brings. Sometimes I get much pregnancy signs but it just didn't happen. Keep the faith, it will happen one day, but do not stress yourself out because it can have an adverse effect of your system and prevent that which you desire so much. I have been having thirst problems since Mar 24 and it if progresses into next week then I need to check a physician (well my period is due next week anyway). Good luck to you though.
Hi Guys
WOW, googled thirst in early pregnancy & this site came top of the list.

I'm now 11 days late for my period & had a tiny bit of brown discharge this morning when i went to the loo. Had a pantyliner on since and nothing. We tested when i was 3 days late & negative, then again on day 7 & negative. I've all the symptoms that would make me think i'm coming on, but teamed with everything my partner has pointed out... boobs bigger, "round" tummy (thanks babe haha), constant dull headache & tiredness & the thirst... makes me think that maybe i'am...????

Guys, how long after what i think was implantation bleeding (today) should i wait before testing again? - my periods are usually fairly regular so this is pretty much driving me crazy!!

Any help would be MUCH appriciated
Lots of love xx Jess xx
i am 4 days late to PMC n from 2 days drinking water like anything. Usually i dont drink more water. but from 2 days am drinking lot of water. this morning i chked for hometest it came negative. Can anyone tell me is it a sign of pregnancy or sysptom for late PMC...
So I am on day 35 of my cycle.  I took a test on day 28, which was negative.  I started having a yucky, brown discharge on day 33 which is still going on.  I don't have any pms symptoms--no cramping, moodiness, etc.  I am, however, insatiably thirsty.  I cannot get enough water!  Do the discharge and constant thirst sound like pregnancy symptoms?
wel if anyone still reads this could you help? im 22 years old and im feeling really hot all the time, like sometimes i get clammy and feeling really thirsty all the time, im on the contaceptive injection but i was looking up my symptoms online and pregnancy came about.. it may be different symptoms to pregnancy but i havent got children so i dont know the early signs of pregnancy!
Here is my story.................
I'm only 3 days late of my periods, I took a test at home on my first day late and it was Neg, Anyways I had a appoinment with the Doc for some thing else and told her so she i took a test there and it came up with a faint line. She said I'm most poperly Peg but its early stages. Anyways my bro in-law happen to be a consultent and he said come down and have a blood test. So after few hours. It came out that I am Pregnancy!!!
So if your late and your test comes out Neg don't mean your not. Also I have left past couple of days like Period cramps, feeling hot and thirsty. I think its really important to drink lots =)
I just found out I'm pregnant two days ago. The dr hasn't given me a EDD yet but I had a frozen embryo IVF transfer and I believe I'm about 5wks right now. I haven't really had any symptoms at all besides being tired and just since yesterday I have become extremely thirsty. Even after finishing a huge glass of water my mouth still feels dry! Not really worried I haven't had many symptoms as I know each woman is completely different. Just wanted to throw in my two cents!!! :)
OMG!  This is crazy! I had my first IUI a week ago. I was just looking around on here. I was just complaining to my sister yesterday that I have been dying of thirst the last few days. I actually threw a bag of chips away b/c I thought they were a new recipe and were extra salty.  I never thought it could be a symptom.   Oh well, I'm not going to read too much into it though.  AF isn't due for another week.  We'll see.
I am only a few days before my period is due and having absolutely zero patience I have already done a test which came up -ve but I suspect I took it a little too early ( I can relate to the girl above, waiting is difficult!!). I have been craving water, plus waking at 3am sharp each night. I have had cramps too, but they feel different to period cramps and I feel more bloated. I had tingling in my breasts (like the feeling I would get when my first baby needed fed). It is interesting to see that only a few woman actually get the spotting that many 'early signs' websites talk about, yet I haven't found any that mention the thirst, and few mention waking at night in the early days. Perhaps because thirst is also quite common just before your period. Anyways, Ill be patient, wait to see if my period comes and test again .... aggghhhh, the wait !
Good luck to all those who have conceived and those trying !!!! Such an exciting (and trying!) time creating a little life :)
I just found out last week that I am 6 weeks pregnant!! I did a search on thirst in early pregnancy because I have been Sooooo Thirsty!! I got worried that perhaps it has something to do with gestational diabetes :0 Reading all these posts makes me feel like I'm not alone the thirst symptom. I've been craving water and ice around the clock from before I even got my BFP! so I believe that thirst is a very big symptom of pregnancy but just to be on the safe side I will be asking my OBGYN on my first app On aug. 1st I can't wait!!! i get to have an u/s so I hope all is well....good luck to all of you ttc i'll keep you updated
hey ladies....well me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant for a lil over a year now...and it just hasnt happened for us..i didnt have a period for over a year and went to the gyno they said everything was normal. For the past 6-8 months my period has been regular, right on time every month..except this month. Also for the last 6-8 months my bbs get sore a couple days before my monthly... This month no sore bbs and no AF for about a week now i have been having some cramps in my side...i cant sleep because i stay really uncomfortable but i stay sooo tired. And now im really thirsty, the other day all i wanted was water and i drank so much i almost made myself sick. Just another unusual thing for me but my face and chest are also breaking out and i have never had that happen. I am really hoping this is it this time. Have any of u had the same symptoms?
Just to add to what i said above...i have already taken a test a couple days ago and it was a ABN ..but im sure it was too early...I have also been burning up to the point to where i feel like im sweating but its 69 degrees in the house...i freeze my boyfriend to death lol I would like to thank u ahead of time for all the advice and help :)
as far as the thirst and the break outs I completely had these symptoms! wait a week and re test using morning urine, good luck and hope you get your BFP!
Thanks alot...i sure hope so i think im gonna try again in a couple days..wish me luck gals :)
Omg I never drink water n lately I've been drinking it like crazy. So I Googled it and I read enough info from you ladies that in sure I'm prego
Omg lately IV been really thirty n I'm really not a water drinker today I drank about 7 glasses of water.  From the info above that might be my answer.  Thanks ladies I had to look that up cause I might be prego.
I hate drinking water but the past 5 days I have been really thirsty, and breaking out on my left face only (wierd).  I'm also extreamy tired going up the stairs.  I will take a pregnancy test today since i should have gotten my period today and im always 29 cycle. I will follow up tomorrow.
Can it happen as early as a week?? I been extremely thirsty the last 3 days. I hav 2 get up in the middle of the night and also been havin this horrible back pain... N once in a while headaches.
Me too! I've been unusually thirsty during my 2WW and I'm hoping it's an early sign of pregnancy. I'm 12dpo and my only other symptoms are insomnia, some dull uterine aches and a feeling of tugging below my belly button. I've been reading about the other kinds of symptoms women have in early pregnancy like nausea, bloating and sore bbs and have been watching myself like a hawk to see if I have anything like that, but so far it's mainly the thirst. AF is due to come in two days and I'll test if I miss it. Fingers crossed! Good luck to all of you waiting and hoping.
Ugh - I been really thirsty now for like a month my mama keeps saying I may have diabetes but it cud b that or pregnancy - I pray it's neither - but I do get thirsty ALOT and most of my friends keep saying I'm gaining weight but if u am preg I would be Like 5weeks - is that common???
The last few days I have been so thirsty. I just keep drinking and drinking.  I am hoping i am pregnant, since my husband I have been trying for a few months (still early, but dying to get prego). I am so thirsty, my boobs feel huge, and hurt a bit). I am WAY irritible, and everything makes me mad, and i am usually not like this. I am due for my period in 4 days so i should wait to see if i dont get my period i guess..but i am soo anxious... i havent had sickness yet..but very moody...
where you prego?
were u prego?
were you prego?
i to been very thristy!!! its been like 2 weeks get up THIRSTY like if i have drank the night before but lately i  havent been drinking at all!!!! i took a pregnancy test but negative not sure can it be possible that its to early to detect it..... this month i had no period last 2 m0nths it was only spottting
Are you constipated too?  I am late for period but i am super constipated
I have had 4children, but now I am 10days late today,but no periods,just constipation,diareah and lots of peeing.i have no infections, so i know it's not a bladder infection.Took a pregnacy test this past friday and it said negitive, but let me back up to Sept'11. That cycle went over 10days,then in October I was 10days late(like today) but I haven't had my cycle since Oct 26,2011. i read sometimes irregular cycles ca mean you ovulate differently and all I can say is 2weekends ago my hubby and I had some "fun". Anyhow about the water.. I usually drink 1 16oz a day but the past 24hours Ihave gone through almost 3 of them. sheesh! i'm 34yrs old so I know my fertility is on the med level.
ok so i am new to this its been 2weeks since i had an encounter whit my boyfriend and now i get really thirsty and really sleepy does this mean im pregnant cause i think its to early to know im going nuts please help
Both! Not so much thirsty, just my mouth and lips feel parched all the time (i'm 6 weeks), even though i'm drinking and peeing loads! And constipated too. It's cause of the extra hormones circulating apparently- it makes your gut sluggish :-)
I know this is a little too early but i think i am prego.My hubby and I had fun 2 days before ovulation and 1 day DPO. Its been 4DPO and all i want is water, I keep drink drink it and im still thirsty... I was never a water drinker and i dont want anything but water now. Has anyone had early signs this Early?
thats what happened to me i tested one or two weeks ago n it was a no go. :( and now i  just took a test n it came out positive and im reallly really thristy  have been for the past 4 days but i didnt think anything of it. help me out please.??
I still have 7 days before my next period is supposed to come but Ive been feelin a bit odd lately.
For the last couple of days Ive been lightheaded sometimes its when am just standin, a little bit nauseated after eatin but it hasnt been so much as to where I acctually throw up. My body just feels...different I cant explain the feelin. The last two days ive ben sooooooo THIRSTY!!! its so unreal! Its waken me up at night and my throat would be completely dry I wouldnt even be able to swallow and no matter how much i drink am still thirsty. Im not sure if i could be pregnant or not and since i still have a week to find out its killing me not knowing.

hi all
i have had pincky brown discharge and been really thirsty for two days now.... i have two weeks till i am due for my period... i have been feeling very tierd, bloated and having back and cramping pain but mild... wondered what every one thinks
thank you louise :)
I'm really really thirsty, hungrier than usual, my face is breaking out pretty bad, and my nipples are tender!!!

My period is due in about a week... Wouldn't it be too early for symptoms?

But my boyfriend and I were not too careful about a week before expected ovulation. My previous period was late though, so it is possible I ovulated early... ?

Any thoughts?
Hey dont be mad Im posting on this site and sorry if I offend anyone, but I am trying to figure it out. My gf has had what felt to be a swollen cervix, then it seemed to go back to normal. Ive heard it can feel open when its indeed closed still? Also she had light red almost pink discharge on a pad about 2 weeks after we had sex. She usually craves chocolate right before her per, butt since weve had sex she has craved it 3 times. Its been a little over a month. Now shes complaining of the having to pee and very thirsty for water. Does this sound like she may be preg?
i came off pill and had unprotected sex few times i bled 2 weeks whilst on bc which is why i stopped taking ti but we have taken many chances since havent bled now for 5 weeks and unsure as to when am due on my period, i have had 4 children already and i feel pregnant have all the signs if you like bloated cramping discharge (tmi) headaches backache terrible nightmares and now this sudden thurst oh also tea makes me sick and sausages haha random or what all hpt are negative and am waiting on blood results, i rang gp lady on phone says test doesnt say weather negatoive or positive :s so is leaving a note for doc and im to ring tomorrow which i dont understand can anyone help i know seems silly me asking after having 4 but just so need to know whats going on with my body :)
I can use your help. My fiance just started having water craving in the middle of the night. She would get up every 30 minutes and drink like 8 bottle of water. She told me her period came a few days ago, but I have a feeling its not what it seems. Also Acne is possibly a early sign of pregnancy? I noticed some new pimples on her face and read an article that its one of the embarassing symptoms. I also noticed that she had cramps and a tissue paper of light pink stuff. I am a dude and I just want to know what to expect and I want to be there for her when its 99.9% true. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Yeah, I have a feeling I might be pregnant. It's crazy. All of a sudden I've been the same way, really thirsty and all! So I thought I'd do some research, and here I am ;) Aha.. I'm only 15 years old so it wouldn't be convenient (obviously) but you gotta make the best of everything! So if it turns out I am, I shall keep a positive attitude! Good luck with all that, girls! And thanks to everyone else who posted, helps us confused ladies out a lot haha. Gunna go get a drink now and go to bed. Sweet dreams everyone :)
-Bella
Hello all! I was on the pill, but I had to stop taking it because of a surgery. It was the mini-pill as the combined gave me horrid headaches. Anyway, my bf and I had intercourse on the first night after I stopped taking the pill (I thought I was still protected). Couple of days later I had my withdrawal bleed for about 2 days and then another day passed and I had a bleed that could have been an implantation bleed (very light, only couple of hours long). Is there a possibility that I might be pregnant? Its probably been 4 days since the IB (or it may not have been) and I have been really bloated, my breasts feel slightly more tender than usual and this morning I woke up really really thirsty. I`ve had at least 2 litres of water since and I am still thirsty.
I also have no clue when to test because while I was on mini-pill I was spotting a lot, but I haven`t had a proper period for a bit over a year (when I first started pill). I am really anxious to know either way as I am in my final year at university and have so many other things I should be focusing on at the moment.
Thank you for any advice you can give.
Oh my goodness, I am so glad I found this forum. I have been so thirsty the last 3 days its been driving me insane - it is getting a little better today (or im adjusting to the feeling not sure which one). Has anyone who has posted here get this symptom and turn out with a BFP? Also i think i have a cold as well (stuffy nose, cough) overall feeling crappy and emotional :(

So not sure what to think - maybe its all a cold and im overanalysing everything!

thoughts? could this month be the month?? did a test today and got a BFN :( AF due on fri 22/02 so impatient. think im becoming a serial POAS'er

Baby Dust to all, let me know if you get that elusive BFP
Hi! i found out i was 5 weeks preggo on Jan 16th 2013, I had actually caught a cold, however i didnt think it could be from the pregnancy because the weekend before i found out i was pregnant i babysat for a family member and the baby was a year old and she had a mini cold so i figured i had just gotten it from her, but it is known to be a pregnancy symptom. The day before i tested (jan 15th) i had the worse headache ever, i took tylenol but it just would NOT go away and then the next morning i tested (they say morning urnin is the best time to test) and two lines poped up before i could even lay the stick down! i took 3 more test through out the day (2 in the afternoon, one at night), one from the dollar store and 2 from first responce and they were all positive.by time i was 6 weeks i noticed  I was also very thirsty! i drank A LOT of water! i also had the metalic taste a lot of women talk about (no fun) i got it when i would eat something and it would throw my whole appetite off. I was also very sore (boobs, lower back) more so in the evenings when its time for bed, and during the day i was beyond tired! all i thought about was SLEEPING! the nausea didnt strike until my 7th week and let me tell you its no fun at all! i lost my apetite for everything, it was kind of scarybecause i felt like i was starving my baby so i would force myself to eat something. it got to the point were i had to wear a nose mask like surgoens use lol!  

*i also want to note that i didnt experience any implantaion bleeding*

so i hope this helped you out. since those were very EARLY signs of pregnancy!
Man i'm so glad i found this forum. I've never been pregnant before, but i just downed like 2 bottles of water and i'm still extremely thirsty. Going to take a text in a few days to check. Breast soreness for me is the worst, i have to guard them when i'm taking a shower, and the abdominal cramps are never ending *fingers crossed*
Hey all....

What a relief reading the above! .. big hello pregohopeful and the other 2013 gals.

I am 11 days past ET from my IVF and utterly thirsty especially in the evening.... i cant find this side effect anywhere else. I wonder why is hasnt been widely written about? Is it not that common?

I have yet to test... still in the dreaded 2WW and i am just hoping this dry mouth need to drink a vat of water isn't just a side effect from the IVF drugs....

everything else i am feeling i could put down to the dreaded AF. I hope me wanting to be a camel is something good. i cant wait to be a mum.

xxx
i have been extremely thirsty too...i have another child but this time is totally different i knew at two weeks with my son because of sickness but I am not sick and 2 weeks past my ovulation day and I cannot get enough water...could I be? And, i have been extremely tired...I have 6 days until im supposed to start my period, think its too early to take a test?
I am to but very thirsty  but I drink water and juice I fell  taking more but my stomach is full but when I fell like taking more am also two weeks past my ovulation  and also have simple cramps which come and go nausea  without  vomiting  I like so much chocolate and sweets
I am 18 weeks now and I get super thirsty I eat a lot of ice and drink a lot of juice and water at first i thought something was wrong with me then I found out that its just a symptom of pregnancy I still eat ice like crazy
hi!
my husband and I are TTC..we've been married for almost a year now, but its been only a month we've been living together. (i just got here in the US to join him).

I also have been extremely THIRSTY, especially in the mornings when I woke up and also during the day.

I didnt thought of this as a sign of pregnancy, ..because after within 4 days after i tested with an Ovulation kit I got from Dollar store, the result has two lines in it, meaning I will be ovulating after 24-48 hrs.
the sad part is we didnt had any "action" for 4 days after i tested, because we had visitors staying in our house...but we had contact for 8days (everyday..heee =D) before i tested with the ovulation kit, and also after 4 days, we did have an "action" again.

Was it possible that I was ovulating on the day i tested with the ovulation kit, because we had contact on that day?

I also have slight back pains, tender breasts , i felt irritable and emotional, extremely THIRSTY, headaches yesterday ,but it went away this morning..but my period is still due 10 days from now.

is it too early to say that these can be signs of pregnancy?
My husband and I are reaaalllly excited to have our first baby...=)

Hey girls i was wondering if you girls can help me with this. I been trying to get pregnant for the past 8 month, i was diagnosed with PCOS, i did not received my period for 4 mont and the doctor gave me metformin and spironolactone. finally i received my period feb 16 and it was done by Feb 24. my fiance and myself we had intercourse the 28th since i heard putting your legs up for 30 min it will work i did it and stayed there for about 30 min. after that around march 2 ( very weird i know its early) but i been feeling very weird. alot of cramps, backache, a lil of nausea in the morning, peeing alot and very very thirsty, my stomach feels weird and very often sharp pains in my breast. can you girls tell me if this is normal or i could be pregnant or its too early, what can i do?
I'm sorry. I know this is a crazy old post, but what you wrote matches what I am currently going through perfectly. Same exact symptoms and everything. These past two days I have been severely dehydrated. I have been drinking water non-stop, and am still so thirsty. My bf and I also had sex on day 8 of my cycle. I didn't know if I was ovulating or fertile enough at this time to get pregnant, I was wondering were you in fact pregnant? Sorry if it is being nosy, but your situation is so similar to mine, and I can't test for another week, and I am so tired of waiting. =) Thank you so much.