Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Tilted Uterus & Uterus Didelphys- trying to get pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am 25 years old and when I was 18 I found out I have Uterus Didelphys (or double uterus) and a double cervix. I was very freaked out. I didn’t understand it and I was incredibly embarrassed about it as well. I am absolutely fine with it now and I am proud to be different.

Last year my husband and I decided we wanted to start trying to get pregnant. I went to the doctor and had my normal pap exam and I wanted to get as much information about my “situation” down there as possible. So I had an ultrasound done. The doctor told me my uteruses are healthy size and weight. But I not only have a two uterus they are both tilted. After that appointment I was terrified that I will not get pregnant.

My question for all of you is: What positions or tips do you have for me to get pregnant? I just got off the pill June 2011 and I can tell my body is not back to normal due to my periods not hurting as badly and not being as heavy as they were before the pill. Thanks for your time and any information you can give me.      
My uterus faces backwards is upside down and so tilted that it is almost bent in half!  (According to my ob and my re) however, I have 3 kids.  I had no problem getting pg with the first 2 and number three I had to take meds to get of but it was age related.  I wouldn't worry unless u have difficulty.(taking more than a year to get pg)  Best of luck to u!
I have a tilted uterus and I had a uterine a large uterine septum removed in December 2011. I have been ttc for 10 yrs but I didn't know I had a large septum and multiple polyps getting in my way. I've only had 1 FET this month since my last surgery resulting in a bfn but I'm having another surgery next week and will start another IVF cycle when I'm healed again. Good luck to you!