Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
To be or not to be pregnant, That is the question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hello, I am a 31 years young mother of 3. I had my Tubal ligation via filshie clips 10+ years ago after my last child was born.  I had some abnormal bleeding in June 2 days before my period was supposed to start. I then bleed for only 2 days. With my normal periods it lasts for 4 days. I have been having pregnancy symptoms for the past couple of weeks. Symptoms including breast tingling, nipple pain(off and on), tired, headaches, some cramping, and lower back pain. I took a home pregnancy test which came out negative. Still not sure if I did it correctly. With my first pregnancy the hpt continued to be negative until I had a blood test which then was positive. I am so confused and just tired of feeling this way with no explanation why. Can anyone shed some light on my strange situation? Please!
You definitely sound pregnant to me.  Maybe the hpt didn't pick up because your hcg levels are low.  If this is the case you can try tests that pick up 15 mIU-25 mIU.   These should give you the closest thing to a correct reading that you can get without taking a blood test.  There is a site where you can go to see which tests pick up early.  Try this:

If you still get a BFN then you may want to go in to your gynecologist because there may be something else happening.  Hormonal imbalances also can cause those symptoms.  If that is the case though, depending on the extent of it, it should be pretty easy to fix.  You may just have to take some meds.   Good luck to you though.  
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers