Too high a dose for Follistim?
I was curious what dose people are on for their follistim.  I was started on 50, then 150, now 225.  I was on 225 for five days and there were some follicles, but they did not look mature enough.  Is 225 as high as they go?  Is there a higher chance for multiple births the higher they go?  My doctor said I have resistant ovaries. Blah.
I believe they go much higher than 225. My doctor is starting me at 200 the first few days of my cycle and then down to 150. This will be my very first cylce ever doing ivf and my doctor told me this is a conservative dose. Good luck, I hope somebody else answers this so I could hear what they have to say too!!

Carisa
When I was reading about this drug (I have a lot of time on my hands, lol) it said that depending on your situation some people take doses for up to 14 days! Also, patients that were low or poor responders, received doses of 375 to 600 IU.  
Thanks!  I guess i should have mentioned that i just do not ovulate on my own at all, so i don't necessarily need ivf.  Because they are not retrieving my eggs, my doc didn't want a lot to spill out and get fertilized. I think that is why he started on such a low dose and is hesitant to go any higher.  I have been doing the shots for about 13 days, and the results stink.  I go in again on Friday.  I hope they are mature.  I hope.  I hope.  I hope.
Hi.  I was also on the same doseage levels that you are on.  I would not worry about the amounts.  your doctor knows what he or she is doing.  The amount at this stage of the cycle will not increase your chances of multiples it will only get the follicles that you have growing ready for retrieval.  they retrieved 6 mature eggs from me, which was an all time low for my 3rd cycle.  my 1st cycle they got 12, 8 mature, 3 fertilized. we put all 3 in , got one beautiful baby girl!  2nd cycle I produced 16 eggs, 9 mature, 4 fertilized, we ended up with a miscarriage. and the 3rd time out of those 6, 4 fertilized,we put all 4 in and I am currently 4 months pregnant with a singleton.  I wish you luck!
I am currently on day 8 of stims and my doctor put me on 200 IU of Follistim for the first 4 days and then decreased it to 125 UI of Follistim until further notice. My E2 was too high on my day 4 bloodwork so they wanted to slow me down. Just remember that everyone's body seems to react differently and that is why we have ultrasounds and bloodwork so often so the doctor can monitor us and change the protocol if need be.

It is very interesting to see what everyone else is experiencing, I know.

Best wishes!!!!
I just did my first injection of Follistim tonight and the dosage is 375IU. I go in for a check on Friday to see how I"m responding and if I need to adjust the dosage up/down. Best to everyone!
I was on 375 for my IVF in May.
I am a poor responder and get 450IU of stims for 16 days before follicles are the right size. Had 3 IUIs and now in my 2nd IVF but the doc has kept the same dose as it seems to work for me. Got 9 eggs this time around after 18 days of stims (450IU daily).

Everyone is different and every cycle is different too. The important thing is to keep monitoring follicle development and adjusting the doseage as required. Wish you best of luck and SSBD,
Sam
Hello My name is Cristina 35 years,
This is my first IVF , my doctor after seeing my results of FSH and E2 recommended IVF . I  was started at 300 of Follistism and had very low results so they told me to move to 375. I just started last night and have check up monday or Tuesday.. I am now very worried that I might not respond to the meds..
I am 38 and undergoing my 1st IVF. No medical problems, husband had a vasectomy. My dr put me on 300 mg Follistim 150 Menapur 5 units lupron during stim phase. Kinda think it might be too much. On day 4 stim check I had 10 maturing follicles between 12-15mm. I thought that was kind of big for day 4??? Haven't heard abt my blood work yet...Have a feeling they might lower my dose.
How did it go did you get pregnant? Did he lower the Follistim?