Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Trouble conceiving after miscarriage/removal of uterine septum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I became pregnant for the first time (at age 35) in August 2008, but unfortunately I had a miscarriage and D&C at 8 weeks.  My doctor then discovered that I had a slightly misshapen and septate uterus.  In October 2008 I had surgery to remove the septum.  Later that month, at a follow-up visit with my doctor, he said I was healing fine but that he noticed some small cysts on my ovaries.  He was confident that they would go away on their own and suggested that we just monitor their size for a few months.  Over the next few months, some shrank in size and some new ones formed, but overall nothing to worry about (according to my doctor and another one from whom I got a 2nd opinion).  The problem is that my husband and I have been unsuccessful in our attempts to conceive over the past 4 months.  My cycle was very regular before the miscarriage (we conceived on our first try) and it reverted back to normal shortly after the septum removal surgery.  We have even used OPKs and tried to conceive on my most fertile days.  But for some reason, I cannot get pregnant and I’m afraid it has something to do with the miscarriage, the septum removal, or the cysts.   Could this be the case?
I'm so sorry to hear about your lost.  I just recently had a miscariage at 8 weeks also last month.  That wa my first pregnancy. In 4 years don't worrie to much let go and let God
I was just diagnosed with a uterine septum after 3 miscarriages and lots of doctors visits Im relieved to finally know what the cause is, however Im feeling very negative as from what I have read surgery to remove septum doesn't increase chances of becoming pregnant.  Is this true?