Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Trying to conceive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Trying to conceive

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 15 months now and still nothing.  It only took 6 months to conceive our first child.  I am a little overweight but can not seem to lose the pounds.  Could this be why?
Hi! Not sure how to help ya out here, but I wanted to know if you consulted your dr. or an RE? That's what I did after a year of no baby.  Still no baby for me...but you should talk to your doctor about secondary infertility. Good luck and keep us posted.
Avatar n tn
Do you guys have different blood types ? Being in the best of health and fitness does help in creating the right atmosphere and conditions for conceiving.
Pretty good question. I agree with both ladies.....please consult your dr/RE.
I know that the RE we used when ttc voa IVF told me that weight/good health does make a difference when ttc.  If you are already fit, and exercise regularly, then you should be able to safely continue with your exercise routine. I unfortunately, do not exercise regularly because of my hectic schedule (no excuse) so my RE told me not to stress and over do it as it could cause a delay in ttc.

I get so confused with contradictory information as some studies also show that women who exercise before and during pregnancy have half the risk of delivering prematurely.