Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Tubal cauterization and pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Tubal cauterization and pregnant

Ok. Where do I start?  I am a 31 year old mother of 2.  I had my tubes tied, cut and burned 3 years ago.  I recently found out that I am pregnant.  For three weeks I was going insane because we were not sure where the pregnancy was.  Today I had my third ultrasound and we saw a sac in my uterus during a transvaginal ultrasound. Is it possible that this pregnancy will be ok?  My last period was October 15 and my ultrasound before this one was last monday. Why couldnt I see anything then and I can now?  If anyone has any information for me please do.  I am so scared and I really want this baby!  I will be heartbroken if anything happens to it.  Thank you in advance!
well if the sac is in the uterus then there will be the baby if it is a healthy pregnancy. i am wishing you the best. and keep us updated when you have the next us.....
I also am going through the same thing.  I am 34 years old and had my tubes cut, tied, burnt - everything.  I recently found out I was pregnant and the baby is in the uterus.  I'm confused, how did it get there if things are cut
Anxious to hear if all turned out well for you?

is it possible that im pregnant??? i had my tubes tied and cut  but i dont think he did it right i bruised up real bad on my right side and i was really sick i went to the hospital  and they said i was dehydrated really bad. that was 6 years ago but now i have been  gaining weight none of my clothes fit me im nauseious if i dont eat im nausious every morning too my body feels weird im really tired it seems.can i be pregnant or it is just my hormones goin crazy
i had my tubes tied and burnt 8 almost 9 years ago. i married a year after i had this done. my husband does not have any kids and i want to have a baby for him. Is there anything i can do to reverse this or should i just have faith and believe in miracles in which i do?
msgmw 10/4/07