Tubal removal & IVF
Hi. I am 32. I had a consultation and it was strongly suggested that I have my right tube removed (due to Hydrosalpinx) to increase my chances for successful IVF. I was doing some research on WebMD & it was presented as an option ...either have the tube removed or IVF. Do I really need to have the tube removed (surgery)? Has anyone faced this obstacle? A success IVF on the 1st attempt is in every woman's prayer that is faced with infertility. Please helpful insight/guidance on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hey Kate, I had a similar situation. Both of my tubes were blocked. It was confirmed by two different specialists. The second specialist is a IVF expert and recommended having the tubal removal prior to IVF. He explained that the tubes may leak and sabotage the IVF. So before the tubal removal he explained that he would attempt to unblock but if unsuccessful remove. The procedure went fine and I started IVF on 8/20/13. Because I want the best at IVF chance I went with the advice of removal. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much CryAnn for taking the time out to comment. That is actually the same information that I received and feel the same way about having the best possible chance, esp the 1st time around.
I will pray your 1st cycle will be a successful one & best wishes on your journey to completing your family!
And the same to you!