Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Tube blocked by scar tissue removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Tube blocked by scar tissue removal

Im going to try and make this long story short. I had a tubal reversal done in May 2010 on my left tube and it worked, but shortly after my appendix burst and I didnt know till it was too late cause of the pain meds I was already on. I almost died and was in the hospital for over a month. Now that everything is healed they did a HSG again which showed the tube was blocked by what they thought was probably scar tissue. the doctor suggested a procedure where they stick a tiny cathitor up through the uterus and out the tube to open it back up. I am wondering if anyone has had this done(what is the exact name for it?), how much did it cost, and did it work? If I find a doctor to do this and get it done, it is our last ditch effort since we can not afford IVF.