Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Tubes tied.. pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Tubes tied.. pregnant?

My tubes have been tied with rhe polymer proceedure four years ago.. is it possible to be pregnant with a reversal..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
In polymer procedure a soft polymer matrix implant is inserted into the tubal opening. As scar tissue grows into the implant, tubal blockage occurs. Tubal reversal surgeries are performed but the success rate varies. It depends on many factors like the women's age, method of tubal ligation performed, experience of the surgeon and techniques for repairing the tubes, length of follow-up after reversal surgery etc.It is best to discuss your concerns with a gynecologist and only after knowing your clinical details it can be decided whether tubal ligation reversal will be appropriate for you or not. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!