Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
U/S this a.m - Water in Uterus...????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

U/S this a.m - Water in Uterus...????

Hey all,
I had my u/s this a.m to check on the follie... I have one follie this month on 2.5mg of Femara. It's on the left measuring 20 by 14 I believe and my lining is good at 9.4.... Well, I also have an unexpected visitor this time around in there. Apparently there is water in my uterus... I asked my RE why that would be and he said he wasn't sure since it's never happened to me before.... Anyone else have this and what were the outcomes and what caused it?
Anything is greatly appreciated ladies..... :)
TMI to follow...

I had it right before an FET... The RE nurse said, "You know how to get rid of it right?"  Uh, no?!?!  She said that although sex wasn't allowed, I had to have an orgasm to "flush" it...
Hmmmm.... Interesting... Maybe I will have to try that lol!!! But in our case sex is allowed!!!
Okay, so I have searched the net, and have found nothing about what causes water in the uterus except uterine cancer.... I'm not really freaking out since there is probably a low chance on this but.... UGH!!! What can cause this???
Well, I just spoke to the RE's office - I am to go back in for b/w and u/s again tomorrow morning. He didn't say anything about the water in there, so I dunno. I will ask if it was possibly caused by taking Femara (first cycle on it). We shall see!
let us know how it goes.  hey  maybe try to have an orgasm tonight and see if it is gone tomorow.  would't that be funny if it was?
Hhmmm... that's so werid! I've never heard of anything like that before! I'm sure it's nothing, take Leighanne's advice! ;) That would be so weird if it got rid of it!
I told DH that's what we should try lol! We had a small tiff a little bit ago, I think he's PMS'ing.... hahahaha! We'll see though, maybe he'll suck up to me for being a b u t t ... (wasn't sure if they would block it out).... But that would be too stinkin funny if it worked? Always fun trying...!!! wink wink :)
Back from the RE's office again this morning. DH and I tried the above suggestion and it did not work.... Fun trying though lol!!
Anyways, the u/s showed it was still there, but it's not water. He said it may be a fibroid but doesn't understand why he's never seen it before. Whatever it is, it's about the size of a pea. He said he really didn't know what it is and that we just need to keep an eye on it.... He also said it was not caused be the Femara. So... who knows, I need to call them at one....