Unexplained Secondary Infertility- IUIs failed, but will IVF work?
Hello- I have unexplained secondary infertility. I have a 2 year old son who was conceived after one unmedicated IUI due to male factor (2% morphology). We have tried naturally, and also have done 7 IUIs, which have all failed. I just switched docs, and did an 8th IUI yesterday (time perfectly). I am ready to move on to IVF, but I am concerned that whatever is causing my IUIs to fail, will cause IVF to fail. Since we don't know what the problem is... I worry it is an implantation issue. I have been tested left and right, and everything is "normal". Did anyone with unexplained infertility succeed in IVF after failed IUIs? I'd like to add that my husband's morphology has since resolved.

TTC Baby #1: 1 year (naturally at first)
Then saw RE: DH Poor Morphology
First round of Natural Cycle IUI
Our beautiful baby was born!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TTC Baby #2: 1 Year (naturally at first)
Then saw RE: DH Morphology Issue Resolved

October 2011 Natural Cycle IUI  BFN
November 2011 Natural Cycle IUI  BFN
December 2011 Natural Cycle IUI BFN
January 2012 Natural Cycle IUI BFN
February 2012 Natural Cycle IUI BFN
-Took 5 month break-
July 2012 Natural Cycle IUI BFN
August 2012 Natural Cycle IUI BFN

September 2012- Saw a new RE Doctor.
Slight male factor AND potential unexplained female factor.
Hysteroscopy 9/11= Normal
Ovulation=Normal
Hormones= Normal
Menstrual cycle=Normal
September 2012 Natural Cycle IUI timed perfectly (IN TWW)
Bump

Anyone?
I have a three year old son (conceived naturally) and am having trouble conceiving a second child :( I have everything normal as well and my husband has good sperm so we're not sure why we aren't pregnant yet. Next week we are going to start the process for ivf. I really hope it works. I'll keep you posted if you like, or maybe we will go through it at the same time. Good luck to us both!
Thank you for your reply! I am so sorry you are going through the same thing :(  

You know what I just discovered tonight in my search to figure out this mystery?..that people with a high level of NK cells in their uterus are unable to implant an embryo. Sometimes they kill the sperm...but most of the time they attack the embryo as a foreign invader. I made an appt. with my doctor to get a test for elevated NK cells. The best way is a uterine biopsy (I had one before during a hysteroscopy, it wasn't bad at all)....rather than the blood test. The blood test won't tell you much about what's in your uterus. I decided I am going to have this test prior to moving on to IVF.  I wonder if something happened after labor/delivery that caused my NK cells to be elevated...thus causing all my IUIs to fail. You may want to mention it to your doctor before you do IVF...because that is one of the reasons IVF fails.

Keep me posted on your journey as well, and I will do the same. Good luck to you, I hope you are blessed with another baby soon!
That is scary. Can anything be done about nk cells. I had a really large baby for my small frame, I delivered him naturally when he really should have been a c section so maybe the trauma from the birth may be causing me problems...did you have any complications with your delivery? Was your son a big baby too?
Hey,
Yeah I thought the same thing. My son was very big for my frame as well. I thought for sure I had a lot of damage. But I did the hysteroscopy where they put a small camera through your cervix to look inside, and learned that everything looked normal. I did however have a biopsy done and learned that I have "Mild chronic endometritis". This is not endometriOSIS...it is endometritis. This is an inflammation of the uterine lining that is caused by an infection or something. It goes along wtih my whole NK theory! Now it is confirmed that this is what I have, and they say antibiotics will fix it. You might want to try a hysteroscopy and have them take a small sample to make sure your lining is good before you do IVF. It doesn't hurt at all, they just scrape a little. Sorry this is so late, I haven't been online in awhile.
PS: This could have been caused by a long extensive birth, or all of my IUIs this year :(
How are you meadow841? I forgot my password so haven't been able to log in till now. Sat I had 18 eggs retrieved and today I got a call that only 3 fertilized. I was crushed :( they are going to implant 2 on Tuesday. I really hope they take. Wish me luck. How is your journey going?
I am also dealing with secondary infertility... so stressful.. I have been on clomid since february of this year... had 3 IUI unsuccessful now I have an appt this Friday to get the labrocopic sch... where they put the camera in with the dye to check everything.  Kindly nervous about  the procedure ..Hoping to figure something out..

Hoping and Praying for lots of baby dust to all !!
Good luck with the laproscopy. I had that done in April. The procedure itself isn't so bad unless they remove scar tissue. The recovery for that was very painful :( I'm hoping everything goes well for you. Good luck, I hope it brings you closer to having a baby.