Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Unexplained infertility

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Unexplained infertility

Hi!  I am 31y.o. and have unexplained infertility. Have had a laproscopy and cromotubation and tons of blood work and I am perfectly healthy and beyond perfect for conception. Except for the fact that I can't conceive. My husband is perfect also. We've tried clomid for 4mos. and letrozole plus iui last month and tested this morning and got a neg hpt. I'm starting to lose hope. Has anyone else been here??
I am also unexplained, and going to IVF next month.  Unfortunately, unexplained usually just means undiagnosed.  There is usually some reason pregnancy isn't occurring, and unfortunately, there aren't really tests available that will show why.  The great thing about IVF is it bypasses so many issues, and it also acts as a diagnosis tool, because eggs are extracted and their quality can be examined.

Good luck.
I am pretty much in the same boat as well.  All of my tests have come back good and my HSG showed no blocked tubes.  Our only small hurdle is that DH has low morphology.  Have you had a post-coital test done?  I have read that in some cases of unexplained infertility it turns out that the woman's cervical mucus is actually hostile towards the semen.
Well we have not done a post-coital test but we done the iui to bypass the mucas in case that was the problem. Yesterday was 11dpiui and we got a hpt neg. I questioned my mucus because when I o my mucus doesn't change that I can tell. I do o on my own but tried to help it along with the clomid and letrozole. I have never been preg and have never had a late period.
I O on my own as well and all my charting indicates a textbook 28 day cycle.  I also did Clomid for 2 cycles and this cycle am doing the Femara.  More targets for DH's swimmers.  Have you ever looked into Evening Primrose Oil (EPO)?  Prior to that I did not feel as if I got any EWCM and I think now that I am taking it, it is helping.

I am the same unexplained infertile and have passed all tests, I too as bam1014 has said have tried taking evening primrose oil from period to ovulation and this month had a strong LH surge for 2 days very visible EWCM! which has never happened before. The other things I have tried this month that  has been recommended has been Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 and part of my foic acid vitamin D, food wise I have stopped coffee and now having all  berries (blackberries, rasberries, blueberries) chicken, chickens eggs, brocolli, cabbage, kale and wholegrain cereal.
Good luck and I hope all works for you! I have had no treatments as yet and have my appointment this Thursday to discuss my first treatment to start next week and as much as I am excited after 7 years of trying I am very nervous :)