Uterine Septum Removal
My name is Dee-Dee (33 years of age) and me and my Husband being TTC for 3 years with no success.  However, I was diagnosed with a bicornate uterus, therefore having the hysterscopic surgery.  I had the HS in 2007 and took clomid.  Still no pregnancy, don't have the funds to get IVF, have to keep saving.  However, I need help.  Have anyone had a similar surgery and gotten pregnant?

Praying for a baby.

I'm looking to going back to do the IVF this year, have almost enough saved up for the IUI, but no the IVF treatment.
I had 3 failed IVF cycles before and all failed. When I was going through FET(frozen embryo transfer) my doctor decided to do Hysterescopy to remove uterine Septum and uterine polyp. After the surgery I waited for month and did my FET and became pregnant. Now I am 13weeks 5 days. My doctor thinks surgery helped a lot. Good luck.

I am scheduled to have a hysteroscopic resection (remove the septum lining) in my uterus.  Has anyone had this done that can tell me all about it.

I have had one child successfully and two miscarriages.

Thanks,

Tiffany
Yes I had the surgery to remove my septum after having 3 miscarriages it wasn't bad at all just lome cramping for a couple of days and bleeding.  Im very glade I had it done I just had my follow-up sono today and the doctor said everything looks great!
I had hysteroscopic surgery in March 2008. I had pregnancy in 2006 that resulted in preterm labor at 24 weeks. I was able to maintain the pregnancy in the hospital for two weeks and my daughter was born at 26 weeks. She is doing great now, is active and healthy. In order to get pregnant again my doctor said I needed to have the HS. I wouldn't have wanted to go through that again anyway!

So all this said, I just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant! A little early in the game and we are hopeful that all will go well. I am very nervous about how it will all work out. The doctor said the surgery went well but I'm still in a high risk category as far as pregnancy goes. It's scary stuff but worth it!
Did anyone else have an MRI to help diagnose the septum? I have to have an MRI before having my surgery done and I can't get any financial help. Charity papers will not cover my MRI because it is "non life-threatening" It covers my surgery because it is a "surgical procedure and charity papers cover any surgical procedure."
my dr just told me today that an MRI isn't as sensitive when looking at a uterine septum and uterus "issues" that a saline sonogram is the best option (and A LOT cheaper than an MRI!) hope this helps! good luck! : )
I am just recovering from a uterine septum resection I only had my surgery 2 weeks ago. I also had diathermy to cervix as I suffered from a cervical erosion that was causing me problems. I had a 3D scan to confirm that I had a septate uterus and not bicornuate uterus, then my Consultant did the surgery through hysteroscopy. He said at first that he may need to do it via laparoscopy and hysteroscopy but luckily managed without doing the lap.

Before hand I suffered 3 early miscarriages and have no living children so I agreed to the surgery hoping that the septum was causing my m/c.

The surgery was fine I woke up with a period type cramping which was eased with pain killers I had these whilst in recovery and not needed anymore since. I still have watery bloody discharge but think  that this is because of treatment to my cervix not the uterus. I wasn't told much about aftercare when I can start TTC again but going to wait for at least 2 months for everything to heal. Just waiting for an appointment for a follow up.

Good luck.

A related discussion, Septum Uterus was started.