Uterine lining????
Good morning girls!  Ok, does anybody know what the ideal measurement for your uterine lining to be @ for a good implantation?  Mine was 10.2 on CD10, the day my RE gave the trigger.  I'm just wondering if the thicker it is the better???  & does it keep growing until an egg is fertilized? (or not)  Very curious.......any input would be GREAT!  :-}
Most drs will go for anything over 10. It thickens each day, too. Yours is just fine :)
My RE pointed out something interesting to me. She said that the thickness of the uterine lining is all unnecessary hype. She pointed out that with an ectopic pregnancy the egg implants in the fallopian tubes and there's no lining there at all. I thought this was interesting, but don't know how valid it really is.

Good Luck!

Sue
Thanks for your replies!
10.2 is very good.  it's not the thicker the better.  Right now the guidelines are 8, but some clinics see success with even 6
I've also heard that an ideal lining should be at least 8, but like camlora said, it's not an absolute. Some women do fine with a thinner lining. The thickest my lining's ever been before ovulation is 12 something, but it was usually in the 8-10 range. A 10.2 is perfect!

Sue: That's interesting. Never really thought about that. Sure makes you wonder about the importance of a thick lining.
I've heard the same thing (about the thickness of the lining)as far as it not being as important as once thought.  My re's office says generally the same thing - usually the number's 9 so it sounds like you're fine.  Good luck on your cycle!
OMG :-O

I just had a sonogram done today and my Endometrial Thickness is 16mm on D7 after the ET (3day)!!!!

should i be worried?
That's really interesting. Both my drs (past and present) said over 10. Then what Sue said makes really good sense. I was also told that too thick was no good. I never heard what "too thick" was defined as though.  I was within their range whenever I have been measured so I never thought to ask.
I've been dealing with the same issue.  My lining has never been thicker than 5 even on the day of iui.  I'm going through IVF now & it's still measuring at a 5.  The RE thinks it's thin, but my uterus is also very small, what they call a "t-shape", so they're saying that may be why my lining doesn't get thicker??  I still have a few days to go, so we'll see & hopefully the progesterone injections will do their job ;)

My RE did tell me that he had one patient who had a healthy pregnancy with triplets & her lining was only a 5.  So, I guess there are ideals, but there are also success stories outside the norm =)

Sue, that is interesting!  I hadn't thought of that.
my doc says 9 is minimum
they like to see 13
This is from the Fertility Center of Chicago:

"We like to see a lining of at least 8mm in thickness when measured by ultrasound at the time of maximal thickness during the cycle (see above ultrasound picture of an 11.2 mm lining). There is some ongoing debate as to "how thin is too thin", as well as to "how thick is too thick". In general, 8-13 mm is good, less than 6 is potentially a problem, and greater than 15 or so might possibly reduce chances for a successful pregnancy."

-------
vijsonia: I'm not sure how this relates to AFTER transfer or ovulation. Since you're already 7 days past transfer, which would be 10 days past ovulation, the embryo would normally already have attached to the lining...and I'm not sure if that alters the lining. Plus, the measurements aren't always 100% accurate. Best of luck to you!

Mommyin10: Best of luck to you, too! I've also heard of women who have conceived and carried to term with initially thin linings. Like Sue pointed out...if an embryo can attach to the side of the tube, it should definitely be able to attach to a nice, comfy 5 mm lining :-) Plus, the meds still have a few more days to work on it!
thanks a lot Heather5 :) i am anxiously waiting to have the result!
Thank you =)