Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
VITAMINS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

VITAMINS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE

is there an alternative medicine or vitamin that can prevent or  lessen polycystic ovaries?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
PCOD is a multifaceted issue and is one of the main causes of infertility in women. Along with the medicines prescribed by doctor there are many alternative treatments, like acupuncture and herbal supplements to off-label prescription medications and dietary and exercise changes. The few best alternative treatments that may be combined with infertility treatment are mentioned below. In PCOS there is insulin resistance.Metformin may be helpful in making the woman lose weight and start ovulating normally. Vitamin D deficiency may coexist with PCOS.Daily exercise may help in controlling your weight, insulin resistance and may enhance exposure to sunlight which is a natural source of vitamin D. A high fiber diet, low carb diet will help reduce weight, regulate blood sugar and insulin levels, and reduce inflammatory prostaglandins. It is best to seek expert advice regarding alternative remedies. I hope it helps. Keep me posted.
Take care and regards!