VITAMINS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE
is there an alternative medicine or vitamin that can prevent or  lessen polycystic ovaries?
Hi there,
PCOD is a multifaceted issue and is one of the main causes of infertility in women. Along with the medicines prescribed by doctor there are many alternative treatments, like acupuncture and herbal supplements to off-label prescription medications and dietary and exercise changes. The few best alternative treatments that may be combined with infertility treatment are mentioned below. In PCOS there is insulin resistance.Metformin may be helpful in making the woman lose weight and start ovulating normally. Vitamin D deficiency may coexist with PCOS.Daily exercise may help in controlling your weight, insulin resistance and may enhance exposure to sunlight which is a natural source of vitamin D. A high fiber diet, low carb diet will help reduce weight, regulate blood sugar and insulin levels, and reduce inflammatory prostaglandins. It is best to seek expert advice regarding alternative remedies. I hope it helps. Keep me posted.
Take care and regards!